I am currently a PhD student at the University of Nottingham analysis chemical composition of diesle deposits. I am looking to gain teaching experience and help others with their education in science and in particular chemistry, however can cover biology and physics.
I am opening to what the student needs in order to help with their learning, I can teach up to degree level. i am a relaxed and friendly individual with and I want to help and support in anyway I can to aid in learning a subject I feel passionate about.
Miss Sarah J. Angel-Smith
Email: (concealed information)
• I am a proactive and ambitious individual, who has strong numerical, communication and problem solving skills and has demonstrated leading and working within successful teams.
• During my industrial PhD (EngD) I have gained extensive analytical experience working on identifying the chemical composition of diesel deposits with numerous surface analytical techniques including ToF-SIMS, Raman Spectroscopy, GC-MS, SEM, and focused ion beam.
Industrial based PhD (EngD) University of Nottingham, Sept 2013 – Present
• Thesis: ‘Analysis of Diesel Deposits Using Advanced Analytical Techniques’, sponsored by Innospec Ltd based at the Efficient Fossil Energy Technologies Doctorate training centre.
• Successfully produced novel research by overcoming analytical difficulties to develop various methods of studying the sub layers of diesel injector deposits to understand formation and cause.
• Experience of producing oral and poster presentations at various departmental events and international conferences including SAE International Kyoto 2015.
• Currently developing critical writing skills through writing a research paper intended to be submitted to a high impact journal.
• Part of an extensive doctorate training program that has developed a plethora of skills including organisation, critical thinking and problem solving.
• Understanding of commercialisation through working with Innospec Ltd. and participating in various week innovation long courses and the EnergYES competition to develop products to market.
• Responsible for running presentation workshops for over 45 students
MSci Medicinal and Biological Chemistry (2:1) University of Nottingham, Sept 2009 - July 2013
• Dissertation: Functionalisation of 9[ane]N3 and 9[ane]N2O to be Incorporated into Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs).
• Year-long masters project included organic synthesis and a range of analytical methods including NMR, IR, mass spectrometry and XRD.
• Modules included Nutrition, Organic Synthesis and Stereochemistry, Teaching in Schools, Analytical Techniques and Inorganic Chemistry.
Laboratory Technician Longsands College, Cambridgeshire Sept 2007 – Jul 2009 A member of a team which delivered requested lesson equipment on time and efficiently, demanding a high level of concentration and attention to detail to meet deadlines.
STEM Ambassador Feb 2014 – Present Communicated with young adults to give information and advice on the energy sector and higher education.
Officer Cadet Royal Air Force, East Midlands Universities’ Air Squadron (VR) Sept 2010 – Aug 2012
• As an Officer Cadet I was exposed to extensive training focusing on leadership and communication. This was obtained by various command roles, ceremonial duties, sporting activities and teamwork.
• Marched on the Queens Colour for the Royal Air Force and the United Kingdom. I was part of the Royal Guard of Honour that provided an armed street lining party for Royalty and other VIP guests attending the unveiling of the Bomber Command Memorial in July 2012.
Force Development Representative Royal Air Force (VR) Sept 2011 – Sept 2012
• Solely responsible for communication between the 80 officer cadets and the regiment team.
• Effectively organised various training exercises, first aid courses, numerous drill practice sessions and training camps throughout the year.
Work Experience Strawberry Medical Ltd. Jul 2009 – Sep 2012
• Shadow a sales rep on theatre cases and meetings to discuss sales of products and demonstrations.
• Worked part-time in vacation periods to create databases, recording invoices using software such as Excel.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
IT Skills - Confident in Microsoft Office Packages and Scientific software including Surface Lab 6, Chemdraw and Labspec 6.
Qualified First Aider Dec 2012 - 2015
Clean Full Driving Licence
Commendation for Research Poster University of Nottingham May 2015 Received a commendation in the Energy Engineering Department poster competition and shortlisted to enter into the Engineering showcase event.
3rd and 2nd Places for Oral Presentations Harbin Institute of Technology July 2014 Received 3rd place for individual oral presentation and 2nd place for group work of which I was team leader at Harbin Institute of Technology International summer school 2014, bringing together over 50 researchers from around the World.
CHARITY WORK AND HOBBIES
Fundraising for Rainbows Childrens Hospice Dec 2016- Present Actively fundraised by skydiving and regularly organising cake sales at my university office building raising a total of over £600.
6-day trek to Machu Picchu Peru Aug 2014 Raised over £3000 for Association of International Cancer Research by organising bake sales, pub quizzes and bag packs.
Operation Wallacea Conservation Work Honduras, Central America Jul 09
• Forest and Jungle Ecology Course and assisted biodiversity survey teams with their research.
• PADI open water diver course
2nd Dan Black Belt Tang Soo Do Martial Arts, Sept 2000 – 2016
References available on request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|