My teaching method is to get the most out of each lesson which is personalised to you. I can assist with nursing related subjects. I have a passion for teaching and a methodological approach and strong desire for all my students to succeed. The subjects that I can support are drug calculations, prep for exams, and academic assignment support within the nursing curriculum that you are studying up to degree level
I am a ward sister and visiting lecturer in simulation and clinical skills. I am a mentor, and assessor in practice. I currently work in orthopaedic and general surgery, and have a background working in intensive care.
I have experience working in the community and hospital setting, as well as volunteering for St John Ambulance.
I am a dedicated tutor and have a passion for education. Please contact me for academic support, proofreading services, or general help with nursing studies.
These are introductory rates for this time period only.
I graduated with an upper second class honours degree in Adult Nursing in 2017. I was awarded the prestigious Elaine Andrews Prize for best caring nurse in 2017. I also received student of the year award in my trust in 2017. I have over 10 years of working experience within the health and social care field. I am an outgoing, ambitious and dedicated individual with the ability to work under pressure and a strong desire to succeed.
• Management and Leadership: A competent and efficient leader with a long standing ability to provide safe, supportive and reflective supervision. Demonstrates leadership, mentoring skills and ability to work towards common objectives.
• Organisational skills: Ability to successfully and proactively plan, manage and organise tasks.
• Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Successfully able to communicate, build relations and negotiate with staff, and families.
• IT Skills: Satisfactory in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
October 2018- Present Clinical Skills Visiting Lecturer University Of Hertfordshire
• The systematic keeping of student registers, in accordance with departmental requirements
• The regular preparation for your lectures/seminars, etc
• Preparing cohort schemes of work and maintaining records of work
• Preparing students for examinations where appropriate
• The setting, correction and assessment of course work and keeping records of these
• Preparing, setting and marking of examination scripts as necessary
• Responsibility for apparatus and stock in your care
• Collection and paying over of income for course materials if required
• Responsibility for the conduct of students while in your charge and for ensuring that lecture rooms are left in a satisfactory condition when vacated.
November 2017- May 2019 Surgical Staff Nurse St Albans City Hospital
May 2019- Present Ward Sister St Albans City Hospital
• To provide a high standard of individualised care to patients, whilst maintaining at all times their privacy and dignity
• To Manage, assess care needs, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care
• To contribute to supporting the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse
• Manage staff which include appraisals, training and running of the ward environment
• Supervise student nurses, and assess competence
• To support the maintenance of high standards of cleanliness in their own clinical area
• Maintain an active Nursing and Midwifery Council registration
• Undertake all relevant training updates
• Maintain an up to date professional portfolio to support Knowledge skills framework and professional development.
September 2017- November 2017 Critical Care Nurse Watford General Hospital
• To assess care needs, plan, implement and evaluate care given, as per the Gold Standards of Care for the Critical Care Unit.
• To supervise and teach registered and unregistered nursing staff.
• To contribute to supporting the Senior Sister/Charge Nurse in her/his duties.
• Establish and maintain good communication with the units’ housekeeping, administrative, and domestic staff
• To consistently use resources efficiently
• To be an effective team member, and to support both junior and senior colleagues during the shift
Sept 2014- June 2017 Student Nurse Ambassador University Of Hertfordshire
• Co-ordinating open days
• Assisting/ co-coordinating student nurse interviews
• invigilating exams
• Contribution to promotional materials (such as programme brochures, website profiles, videos or media articles) by attending photo shoots, film shoots or providing written content such as quotes and completed questionnaires.
• Participation in focus groups and market research.
September 2013- November 2015 First Aider St John Ambulance
• Represent St John Ambulance in a professional manner at events.
• Undertake continuous training and development applicable to your specific role
• Be trained in and able to complete all documentation for all patients treated
• Have due regard to patient confidentiality at all times
• Provide assistance to colleagues and healthcare professionals where necessary
• Ensure that all equipment used is fit for purpose, cleaned and stored in accordance with
• procedures and any faults or damage is reported
• Follow the St John Ambulance Infection Prevention Control requirement as set out by the Care Quality Commission
• Follow all other St John Ambulance Policies and Procedures as implemented within the
• organisation, especially Clinical and Health and Safety
• Keep a record of all hours that you complete
• Keep a record of all training you receive
Education and Professional Qualifications
March 2019 Intermediate Life Support Level 3 Resus Council
October 2018 Level 3 Resuscitation CPD certificate National Skills Academy
Sep 2014 – Jul 2017 Upper Second Class Bsc (hons) Adult Nursing Hertfordshire University
Sep 2013 – Jul 2014 Access to HE Diploma in Nursing (Merit/Dist) West Thames College
Sep 2013 - Jul 2014 OCNLR GCSE Equivalence English and Maths West Thames College
Sep 2012 – Jul 2013 Functional Skills Qualification at Level 2 English and Maths West Thames College
August 2012 Award in Book-keeping and Accounts West Thames College
March 2010 Apprenticeship in Customer Service VT Training
Awards and continuous professional development
Intermediate Life Support 2019
Level 3 resuscitation CPD certificate 2018
Orthopaedic and Trauma Workshop CPD certificate 2019
Identifying the deteriorating patient and taking action conference - 2017
IV Therapy- 2017
Acute Life Threatening Events Recognition and Treatment (ALERT) - 2017
Dealing with the acutely unwell patient- 2015
Mock CQC assurance inspection visit 2015
Medicine Management Certificate- 2015
First Aider Operational Skills ( St John Ambulance)- 2014
Perfect! Seems really nice and I’m excited to start working on my assignments with her
Amy has supported me as a newly qualified nurse to gain much confidence by guiding me through the transitioning face whenever I call up for any assistant I am not aware of or unsure about. She is fantastic in motivation and explanation.
Amy is a great and really attentive tutor. She helped me understand complex concepts in the simplest of ways, and is very knowledgeable of the medical field - both from an academic as well as hands on approach.
I have known Amy for many many years. She is a passionate, confident and assertive person with a strong leadership/ mentoring nature. Her career progression speaks for itself, including the accolades she received as a student nurse too. Amy has all the relevant experience to tutor whilst currently holding a role in Herts uni too.
health and social care lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest nursing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, orthopedics lessons for all!
Taking elderly care lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|