Maths is a subject that follows the saying of "practice makes perfect" and therefore my approach to teaching is mostly based around the use of past papers, as this is the best way to acquaint students to the techniques that are used in the exams. I also familiarise students to papers from different exam boards such (Edexcel, AQA, OCR) as the level of difficulty changes across different exam boards, and therefore by doing so, I am challenging my students to not become comfortable to only one style of question but rather to be more comfortable to a variety.
I am a BSc(Hons) Biomedical Science graduate who has a passion for both maths and science.
Having done Maths for both GCSE and A-level, my knowledge is very sound.
Additionally, I have previous experience in teaching 11+ students and have throughly enjoyed it and hoped to continue in doing so.
GCSE students - £15 per hour
11+ students - £10 per hour
Any cancellation must be done 24 hours prior to the lesson or full price will be charged.
University of Brighton | September 2017- July 2020
Degree: BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science
Grade : 1st Class
Mayfield Grammar School | September 2015 - July 2017
Subjects: Maths, Biology, Chemistry
Grades: All grade C (A-level)
Dartford Science & Technology College | September 2012- June 2015
Subjects : Maths, Additional Science, Italian, French
Grades: A, A, A*, A* (GCSE)
University of Brighton |Group study | September 2018- March 2020
- Involved in leading revision sessions in statistics.
- Experienced in using the board conformably to present graphical examples for the better understanding of the question.
- Learnt to adapt myself to the individual being taught and to use different approaches of teaching.
Kent| Voluntary Teaching | August 2018- September 2018
- Taught an 11+ family friend, individual Maths and English.
- Taught content from the book suggested by the school.
- Learnt to communicate clearly and effectively with simple words.
- Engaged with the student by asking questions post-teaching to understand any gaps in knowledge they may have.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|