Generally speaking, my teaching method is based on illustrating principal phenomena and increasing the ability to make profound connection among them which enables the students to solve problems better. This method could be useful for studying chemistry at bachelor level and for those who are training for Chemistry Olympiad.
I am Organic Chemistry Dphil student at university of Oxford and my project involves structure and dynamics study of Oxygenases. I have been awarded a silver medal in 2014 international Chemistry Olympiad and I have experienced teaching chemistry Olympiad students for 6 years.
Mobile: (concealed information)5 Email: (concealed information)
First Name: Mohammadparsa Surname: Jabbary
Gender: Male Date of Birth: September, 1996
University of Oxford, Oxford, England, UK
Dphil of Organic Chemistry
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. GPA: 18.38 out of 20
Awards and Honors:
• Silver medalist in 46th International Chemistry Olympiad (ICHO) 2014, Vietnam.
• Gold medalist in 2018 Iranian National Chemistry Olympiad for bachelor chemistry students.
• Ranked 1st among 10’000 participants in Iranian Nationwide Chemistry Postgraduate Entrance Exam 2018.
• Ranked 1st among bachelor students of chemistry department at Sharif University of Technology 2017.
• Achieved bachelor’s study grant from National Elites Foundation (since 2013).
• Gold medalist in 23rd Iranian National Chemistry Olympiad 2013.
• Medicinal Chemistry.
• In silico and in vitro study of structural biology.
• Synthesis of organic compounds including drugs.
I have had the opportunity to join Dr. Kalhor laboratory to investigate protein-ligand interactions related to protein misfolding pathway. In this project, I was able to learn in depth molecular modeling approaches to study protein-ligand interactions. Furthermore, I had the chance to experimentally assess the finding obtained from in silico studies.
• Kalhor, Hamid R.; Jabbari, M. Parsa. Inhibition Mechanisms of a Pyridazine-Based Amyloid Inhibitor: As a β-Sheet Destabilizer and a Helix Bridge Maker. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2017, 121, 32, PP. 7633-7645.
• Kalhor, Hamid R.; Jabbary, M. Investigating Reliable Conditions for HEWL as an Amyloid Model in
Computational Studies and Drug Interactions. J. Chem. Inf. Model. 2019, 59, 12, 5218-5229.
• Teaching and practicing Chemistry Olympiad for high school students (2013-present).
• Biochemistry teacher assistant at Sharif University of Technology (Fall semester 2016).
• Persian: Native
• English: Fluent (TOEFL iBT total score: 90)
• Computer Skills: Experience and knowledge in GROMACS molecular dynamics software, Auto Dock Tools, Gaussian 09 software, and pdf viewer programs including PyMol and VMD.
• Willingness to learn: I am greatly concerned to develop and acquire new skills via employment.
• Problem solving: I am skilled to solve new problems based on exercise and combination of various knowledge in different aspects including chemistry, physics, mathematics and biochemistry.
Extra Curriculum Activities:
• Cycling, Swimming, Reading novels and poetries, and listening to variety of music.
Perfect! Parsa is an amazing tutor! He is very patient and explains things clearly! He gives lots of examples and made sure that I not only understood the concepts but also challenged me to think further about the concepts we were covering. Excited to take more classes with him and I definitely recommend his lessons :)
Marina is a smart student, she has very good back ground and keeps up very well. With review and practice of challenging subjects, she can become fully prepared for this lesson soon. I am keen to have more sessions with her.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|