My approach places a strong emphasis on exam preparation. We start first by helping you gain a solid grasp of the topic area, with a particular focus on how to critically evaluate, analyse and reform the controversial areas of the law. To do this, we will weave in broader academic and theoretical debates, as well as work ourselves through the further reading. Finally, we will also focus on exam techniques, where I hope to guide you through on how to effectively structure first-class answers to both essay and problem questions in a particular topic area.
In my teaching, I like to visualise the law, by using graphs and diagrams to help students better understand complex areas.
I am an LLB Law graduate from University College London (UCL) and an offer holder for the Bachelor of Civil law (BCL) at Oxford University and Masters of Law (LLM) at Cambridge University. At university, I gained first-class grades in all my second-year modules and in all my final-year formative assessments throughout the year. I won the Charlotte Ashby Prize, which is awarded to a student who has contributed the most to student life at the Faculty of Laws, having considered both academic and extracurricular achievements. In terms of experience, I have previously been employed by UCL to teach law to first-year undergraduate students. I am also a future trainee solicitor at an international US firm in London.
The subjects I specialise in are Contract Law, Land Law, Tort Law, Equity and Trusts, Unjust Enrichment and Conflict of Laws.
1. University College London (UCL): LLB Law
- Final Year Formative Assessments Grades: Conflict of Laws: 78%, Unjust Enrichment: 78%, Public International Law: 73%, Advanced Contract: 72%.
- First Class Grades in Tort Law, Equity and Trusts, European Union Law, Jurisprudence and Legal Theory.
- High 2:1 Grades in Contract Law, Land Law.
- Recipient of the Charlotte Ashby Prize (awarded to a student who is considered, having regard to academic work and contribution to life of the Faculty, to have best advanced the interests of the Faculty).
- Two-time Faculty Winner of the UCL Academic Representative of the Year Award in 2019 and in 2020.
- Offer holder for the BCL (University of Oxford) and LLM (University of Cambridge).
2. Sunway College, Malaysia: Cambridge GCE Advanced Level
- A*A*A*A* for Law, Mathematics, Economics, Psychology.
- Top in Law in cohort.
- Recipient of the Sunway College A-Level High Achiever Award and the Sunway Special Scholarship.
1. University College London (UCL): Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
- Taught and delivered tutorials to first-year undergraduate law students as part of a two-week induction course (Laws' Connections).
2. Access to Justice Foundation: Research Assistant
John is a very helpful and proficient tutor. In addition to being a great person to be around, John has been very understanding during our tutoring sessions and was able to clarify and explain those legal areas that I was struggling with. John has also given me a few tips on how to improve my essay writing, which has helped me a lot during this year's final exams.
John is an excellent tutor who has an incredible ability to explain difficult legal concepts in simple terms. He has been a stellar student throughout his degree and this ensures that he can not only explain topics in depth but also teach you how to gain the best marks. He has previously tutored Korean and taught undergraduate law students at UCL.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|