I approach teaching in a dynamic way utilising a plethora of methods to communicate relevant information. I strongly believe that a comfortable environment is conducive to more effective learning. As such development and progress is at the foreground of my teaching.
As a German native I finished the Abitur with English as one of my majors. Earlier this year I graduated from the University of Oxford having studied law. As such I have extensive experience in learning English as a second language in both an academic and business setting. Further, I hold the CAE C2 qualification (native level) and can assist in all parts of the examination.
2017-2020: University of Oxford, United Kingdom: BA Jurisprudence, High 2:1 (68 average)
Slaughter and May Law Moderations Prize (Best result in Criminal Law university-wide)
2009-2017: Friedrich-Ebert-Gymnasium, Germany: Abitur, Average 1.0 (equivalent to 4A*s)
06/2020-07/2020: Vacation Scheme, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
• Sat in Funds and Investment Management • Cross-referenced Limited Partnership Agreement, gained valuable client facing experience, completed various independent tasks for other departments
• Draft of appeal submission concerning ‘Personal Independence Payment’ case as part of pro bono task
• Analysis of Bribery Act 2010 and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 as part of group presentation for mock client faced with related charges
07/2019-08/2019: African Prisons Project – Uganda
• Preparation of maximum-security prisoners in Luzira’s men’s and women’s prisons for final exams of the University of London’s overseas law degree with a view for them to qualify and represent themselves in their own cases
• Drafting of numerous lesson plans to be used consistently by future students
• Roughly 100 hours of teaching Public Law within the prisons • Review of charity’s resources and teaching materials
06/2019-07/2019: Vacation Scheme, Sidley Austin LLP
• Sat in Financial Services Regulation and Capital Markets and Restructuring
• Completed independent work for M&A Department
• Group private equity exercise involving mock client interview and negotiation
• Work completed: Various research tasks, drafting of investor deck, review of trustee holding documents, cross-referencing Articles of Association, pro bono analysis of gender-based discrimination lawsuits across jurisdictions, sitting in various client calls
06/2019-05/2020: Hertford College Constitutional Review Committee
• Rewrote the College’s constitution as part of a team in order to ensure consistency and compliance with s22 of the Education Act 2011
06/2018-06/2019: President Hertford College Law Society
• Organisation and attendance of numerous events with reputable London law firms and Chambers
• Creation of ‘Hertford Development Scheme’ which allows students to make direct personal contact with alumni working in fields of interest
05/2018-11/2018: Fresher’s Week Committee, Hertford College
• Worked alongside team of 10 students to develop financial and general organisation of ‘Fresher’s Week’ welcoming 130 new students into College
08/2018-09/2018: Residential Advisor, Hertford College
• Managed groups of 40 Japanese students for up to 14 hours a day • First respondent to emergencies such as crimes and injuries around the clock
06/2018-06/2019: International Student Representative Hertford College
• First port of call for international students struggling to fit into new culture and surroundings
• Organisation of events to advocate integration and inclusivity
• Attendance of College meetings to represent the international student body
I would thoroughly recommend Seb to anybody who requires tuition in law, especially private law topics. I wouldn't have made it through my degree without his assistance, and his ability to discuss key cases and concepts with me. His method of tutoring is second to none. Thanks for everything Seb!
Seb is a friendly, charismatic, and patient individual who also happens to be one of the most intelligent people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting. He has vast experience in helping and mentoring younger students - they often speak of his well-planned and engaging sessions. He would be a fantastic choice for a tutor.
Sebastian is a very knowledgeable and motivating tutor, I would high recommend him for any kind of lessons. He is very well spoken and explains complex topics very well - in particular I’d commend him for being so enthusiastic and for building my confidence with concepts I wasn’t totally sure about.
From personal experience, I have found that Sebastian explains complex Law topics in an easy-to-understand manner. He uses relevant and interesting examples when teaching about Law, and he encourages lots of discussion; this is very engaging and makes content easy to remember. I’d highly recommend Sebastian as a tutor.
Sebastian is a reliable and friendly tutor who provided dynamic and interesting lessons for my two daughters. He is vastly experienced and this shows in his sessions, but he remains approachable - my daughters loved him and he made sessions fun and entertaining.
Thanks so much
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|