I tailor my approach depending on the student's own ambitions. From an initial consultation establishing a goal and a timeline, I create a bespoke programme that targets areas for development with an interactive, engaging, collaborative approach. By including regular feedback sessions and opportunities to monitor progress, I aim to maintain satisfaction from the first session to the last.
I graduated in the summer of 2020 with a Law degree from Oxford University. I have offered freelance tutoring to prospective Oxford applicants since 2018 with advice on the LNAT, the interview, and personal statements. In addition to A-Level subject-specific advice and Oxford insights, I have offered tips and advice on improving research, academic writing, and essay structure skills.
2017 - 20 University of Oxford, Exeter College, BA Jurisprudence
• Law Moderations Results: 2.1
• Finals Results: 2.1 (Firsts in Public International Law and Jurisprudence Extended Essay Submission).
2010 – 17 Ipswich School, Suffolk
• A Levels: English Literature A*, Russian A*, History A
• AS Level: French A
• GCSEs: 8 A*, 2 A
• Queen’s Academic Scholarship (2015 – 2017)
Languages: English; French; Russian
IT: Proficient in Microsoft Office
2022 Norton Rose Fulbright, Trainee Solicitor
• Training contract to commence in 2022
2020 Norton Rose Fulbright, Winter Vacation Scheme (December)
• Week-long vacation scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright.
• The scheme consisted of Q&As, introductions to the work and culture of the firm, alongside corporate, banking, disputes, and group assessments.
• The week ended with a training contract interview, following which I received a training contract offer.
2019 Monument Advocacy, Fellow (July – August)
• Spent 6 weeks in Washington D.C. with a bipartisan government relations, strategic communications and public affairs consulting firm
• Reported on congressional hearings and policy-focused panels for clients on subjects ranging from the integration of AI into vehicles to migration on the US Southern border
• Worked both independently and collaboratively alongside fellows and senior partners on research projects for clients
• Assessed and condensed information from disparate sources (including legislation databases, media coverage, and other primary data) into digestible reports for partners and CEO
• Worked within a team to ensure the smooth operation of events in the Capitol Complex
2019 Oxford University Student Consultancy (April – June)
• Worked as part of a team of five advising OxWash, a local environmental start-up
• Researched, wrote, and presented potential strategies for the company’s expansion to new markets for an upcoming Deliveroo-partnered initiative
• Personal responsibility for data analytics on geographic markets for projected expansion
• OxWash has since implemented the findings and expanded into the recommended areas
2018 ExVac (Exeter College Charity), Internal Fundraiser (September – June 2019)
• Arranging, promoting, and running events to raise funds for the annual vacations for disadvantaged children from the Oxford area
• Co-ordinating with a team of two other fundraisers to maximise participation in the events which have included karaoke nights, cocktail evenings, and auctions
• The funds these events raised enabled the vacation to take place in 2019 whilst creating a surplus for the following year’s executive committee
2018 Exeter College, Student Fundraiser (December)
• Telephoned alumni to update them with Exeter’s recent and ongoing development projects with a view to encouraging and securing financial support for the College
• Improved inter-personal skills as quickly creating and then maintaining a strong rapport with potential donors was essential
2018 Roll Up To Stand Up, Founder (November – October 2019)
• Founded my own charity stand-up comedy night in aid of ExVac
• Solely responsible for co-ordinating with the venue, booking the acts, promoting the night and hosting on the evening
• The night has since become the largest regular independent student comedy night in Oxford, with The Isis, Oxford’s longest-running student magazine, requesting to collaborate on future events and to use the brand’s reach for its own promotion
2018 ExVac (Exeter College Charity), Holiday Leader (March)
• One of six leaders responsible for arranging, running, and supervising a week’s holiday for a group of 18 underprivileged children
• Undertook safeguarding training to ensure ability to maintain safety and wellbeing of the children throughout the week
• Enhanced my organisational skills and ability to convey key information clearly and effectively to large groups
• Led to appointment to the ExVac executive committee as internal fundraiser
2017 - 18 The Swan Inn, Kitchen Assistant (part-time holiday work)
• Assistant to the head chef. Kitchen duties included washing up, food preparation, and basic cooking
• This gave me exposure to working effectively in a pressurised environment for extended periods of time
2016 – 17 Suffolk Refugee Support, Volunteer (weekly, 2 years)
• Helped run a weekly sport and social group for young refugees and asylum seekers
• Delivered and participated in weekly football sessions and occasional health and wellbeing sessions
• Undertook safeguarding training for working with vulnerable groups and maintaining a safe and welcoming environment
• Developed demonstrative leadership skills as often a language barrier was present
2016 Birketts Solicitors (July)
• Shadowed solicitors in the commercial and shipping departments which gave me an insight into the day to day workings of a regional law firm
2016 Rux Burton Associates, Student Caller (2 weeks)
• Gave me my first experience working on a fundraising campaign
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES AND SKILLS
Sport: Hockey – Oxford University 2nd XI, Exeter College 1st XI, Ipswich School 1st XI, Suffolk County team
Football – Oxford University 3rd XI, Exeter College 1st XI, Ipswich School 1st XI, Unity FC 1st XI (new team established in 2020 to create a majority refugee and asylum seeker squad)
Cricket – Exeter College 1st XI, Woolpit Cricket Club, player (2008 – 2016) and assistant junior coach (2014 – 16)
Voluntary: Exeter College representative for Student Action for Refugees
Whilst at school, established a TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) group which aimed to gain skills to teach English to local refugees and asylum seekers
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking spelling lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£50|