I can give lessons to students studying Spanish for GCSE, A Level, or degree qualifications as I am familiar with the UK education system. I can also support students who are looking to improve their Spanish for practical purposes, such as travel or employment prospects.
I base my classes around the four key competencies (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing), and make each class varied with a range of activities which all link together to provide a comprehensive learning experience. The classes will also include cultural aspects from Spanish-speaking countries as I believe such aspects can support learners in getting to grips with the technical aspects of a language.
As a tutor, I am friendly and positive and skilled at making students feel at ease. As a language learner myself, I know that it can be intimidating to learn a foreign language, so I have developed activities and strategies to bring students out of their shells.
I am a graduate from the University of Oxford with a first class degree in Modern Langauges (Spanish and French).
I have 2 years of experience teaching abroad in Colombia, Peru and France, both in group and individual classes. I have helped students to develop foreign language skills to pass exams, improve their job prospects, and just to feel more confident expressing themselves in a second language.
As I have lived in Colombia for the past year, my knowledge of Spanish is not just based on academic learning but also on practical, first-hand experience of living and working in Spanish.
Rates are as a guideline, and may change depending on the level/needs of the student. Please contact me to discuss further. If a class is cancelled with less than 12 hours notice I charge the full value of the class (except in emergencies).
2012-2016 BA Honours (First Class) in Modern Languages (French and Spanish), University of Oxford
2005-2012 Heckmondwike Grammar School
• A Levels: Spanish A*, Government & Politics A*, French A, English Literature A, History A (AS Level)
• 14 GCSEs
August 2017 - May 2018 English Language Assistant
• British Council English Language Assistant in the Santo Tomás University, Bogotá, Colombia.
• Provided administrative support in the International Relations Office to support bilingualism and internationalisation in the university.
• Coordinated a Summer School project, a new initiative to promote learning of English and international links between Higher Education Institutions.
• Provided cultural activities to support the teaching of English as a second language, including conversation sessions and intercultural workshops.
May-August 2015 VolunTeach Peru
• Volunteered as a Teaching Assistant in Colegio José Quiñones, Lima.
• Assisted teachers in their lessons, providing individual attention to students, or leading activities for the whole class.
• Taught two classes of International Baccalaureate students independently for 4 weeks.
April 2015 British Council
• English Language Assistant in Cité Scolaire Laure Gatet in Périgueux, France.
• Taught students aged 17-25, including academic and vocational courses.
• Worked independently with groups of up to 15 students, with responsibility for planning my own activities.
July-August 2014 Oxford Royale Academy
• Held position of ‘Counsellor’ at a summer school.
• Role involved providing pastoral support and running extracurricular activities and for students aged 16-18.
• Worked as part of a team of 20 people, and was given good feedback from my superiors.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|