I am an M Phil student in Classical Indian Religion. I am a native speaker of Hindi and Telugu, also relatively competent in Punjabi. I have received extensive training in Sanskrit as well.
I am a patient person and have good communication skills. I have also been tutoring undergraduates and the like in volunteering programmes and have a fair amount of experience with students. I can guarantee to ensure the lessons go at the pace you desire and in a way that is most suitable to your needs.
I have tutored students in English in my undergraduate years and have participated in the RED ROSE programs designed to teach language and mathematics to the lesser privileged classes. I have also worked with special needs students. Overall I have been able to cater to the various needs of students, keeping it challenging and, at the same time instructive.
I have had 12 years of training as far as Hindi is concerned and have been studying it from school so I completely understand how best to teach it. I am a patient teacher and can adapt to the needs of the student.
• Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), 2014 Subjects: Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Elective English The Shri Ram School (TSRS), Gurgaon, India • Bachelor of Arts (2017) Miranda House, University of Delhi Major 1: Philosophy Major 2: History Minors: Social Enquiry, English, Creative Writing and Hindi. • MPhil in Classical Indian Religion (pursuing) University of Oxford
• Trained in KET and PET examinations. • Have achieved an IELTS score band: 8
• Magazine Editing: Co-editor of college magazine • Conducted a seminar for an Underprivileged Minority School (Grammar School), Hyderabad for 9th and 10th graders on “Violence in Cinema and Daily Life” (2015) • Have been involved in the RED ROSE project teaching underprivileged children. • Participated in ‘Critical Thinking’- The Art of Asking Questions (2014) workshop conducted by Professor Madhavi Menon (Professor, Ashoka University) • Participated in production and creative editing of documentary - Condition of Women in Rural India
Skills and Competencies
• Research skills: Demonstrated ability for extensive research from books, journals, original texts and online repositories for fortnightly assignments which demanded higher competence in reading and comprehension skills. Consulted and looked up translations and occasional reference to ancient texts for the paper on Syādvāda (independent study). • Language Competencies
Telugu (mother tongue) Hindi – Advanced English –Advanced Sanskrit – Intermediate level Punjabi- Intermediate level Gujarati- Beginner level
• Awarded merit scholarship for highest percentage in Elective English (2013 - 2014). • Topper in Philosophy in the University exam with full marks in the 1st semester. (2014) • Highest scorer in History University of Delhi Exam in first year (2014 - 2015) • Awarded ‘Special Mention’ for research skills, diplomacy and leadership at Zenith Model United Nations Conference (February 2016) • Represented Miranda House for Philosophical debate competition organized by Delhi University in 2015. • Member of the advisory board of Miranda House Students Union • Co-editor of Miranda House magazine
hindi lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£7||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£30||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£60||Not available|