I taylor my lessons to suit visual, audio or active learning styles, and am very happy to set and mark written tasks. Our lessons can be designed to match or to complement the structure of teaching you are experiencing at school.
I offer mock interviews for Biochemistry.
I have a extensive experience in tutoring Maths, Biology and Chemistry to GCSE and A-Level students, in person and through online classrooms. I have recieved positive reviews from my students and their parents, and have enjoyed many success stories of raised grades and expectations.
I am graduating from Oxford University with a Masters Degree in Biochemistry, and am very happy to talk about admissions, or any aspect of university life and work. I am likely to be able to direct you to students currently studying courses here that you may be considering, should you wish to discuss your options.
Lessons cancelled at least 72 hours prior to the lesson will recieve full refund, lessons cancelled 48 hours prior will receive 50% refund.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Oxford, October 2015 to June 2019, Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry Integrated Masters.
MBiochem, 2.1 classification
Research project in Synthetic Biology: First Class Honours
Fourth year: Virology, Clinical & Applied Immunology
Supplementary Chemical Pharmacology
Third year: Cell Biology and Integration of Function, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Structure and Function of Macromolecules, Energetics and Metabolic Processes, Data Analysis and Interpretation
Lancaster Girls’ Grammar School September 2013 to June 2015 A level Biology, Chemistry, French, Mathematics, General Studies
AS level Physics
Extended Project Qualification: Biotechnological Applications of Bioluminescence
Cartmel Priory School
September 2008 to June 2013 11 A*-A GCSEs, AiDA level 2 IT Distinction
Deputy head girl
Masters Research Project, Fulga Lab, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine
September 2018 – March 2019
Investigating use of microRNA recognition elements to tune expression of an engineered transcription factor
Project management, presentation and critique, scientific writing
Life Sciences Consulting Intern, The Technology Partnership
June - September 2018
Developing a tool for DNA manipulation applications
Managing project priorities to achieve ambitious project goals in a given timeframe
Presentation of data: producing figures; concise lab reports
Presenting to and engaging specialist and non-specialist audiences
Consideration of commercial parameters
Research Assistant, Xeros Technology Group
June - September 2017
Patent work for several current projects
Designing and optimising protocols
Presenting data and methods for critique in monthly science reviews
Immersing myself in the industry to identify and respond to market requirements
Private Tutor, MyTutor.com and Tutorhub.com
March 2016 - April 2017 Delivering tutorials and developing client relationships through the platforms of instant message and video call
Michaels et al. Nature Communications 818 (2019) Precise tuning of gene expression levels in mammalian cells (acknowledgement)
Languages – Conversational French, having worked in France for 3 months; basic German
Driving – I hold a full, clean driving license, and MPV certificate
First Aid – RLSS First Aid At Work certification, valid until June 2020
Computer Skills – MS office, Adobe creative suite, basic coding in MATLAB, iMovie, Windows MovieMaker
- Racing for Oxford Cross Country and Athletics, and Cumbria Cross Country teams
- Enjoying climbing and ski mountaineering adventures
Talks and seminars
- Exploring areas outside of my field in talks hosted by various research institutes and societies
- Organising and introducing a research talks event
Oxford Raise and Give International Challenge 2019 Team Leader
- Implementing a year-long fundraising strategy in aid of Dig Deep Africa, culminating in a sponsored expedition up Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Creating graphics and documents for promoting fundraising events, and publicising the challenge
- Initiating and building collaborations with commercial partners
- Writing and delivery speeches to incite and thank donors
Atalanta’s Society Outreach Officer 2018-19
- Promoting Atalanta’s message of empowering women through sport
- Organising and managing the running of the annual Vincent’s & Atalanta’s Outreach Camp, combining inspirational talks from successful sportspeople, and activities conveying key messages regarding leadership and teamwork
St. Edmund Hall Junior Environment and Ethics Representative 2016-19
- Creating and implementing strategies for improving the college’s environmental impact
- Communicating ideas between college administration and my peers, as part of a newly formed Environmental Working Group
- Presenting and defending motions in Junior Common Room meetings
Oxford Raise and Give Ball 2018 Committee
- Orchestrating the entertainment and decoration for a charity ball with >600 guests, raising in excess of £11 000, and coordinating smooth-running on the night
- Negotiating and working with suppliers to provide excellent entertainment
- Budgeting and providing contingency budget strategies
Oxford University Cross Country Club Social Secretary 2017/18
- Organising events for a club of >400 members, in collaboration with other teams and societies
- Responsibility for integration of new members into the club
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|