I have taught more than 40 students, including primary school pupils, pilots, research associates, bankers, IT engineers, and marketing managers. I always focus on new vocabulary and correct pronunciation during sessions. The interaction between students and their responses are valued.
In my current roles as a self-employed teacher/translator, I have consistently demonstrated interpersonal and planning abilities as my responsibilities include solving problems efficiently, incorporating ideas from clients, and attending to students’ demands patiently.
With a keen eye for detail, self-motivation, and the capability to coordinate with different types of people, I can hit the ground running and bring immediate value to your learning.
Driven filmmaker with excellent grades in performing arts studies. Proven track record, including producing short films, writing feature scripts, facilitating workshops in theatres, and participating in TV projects. Over six years’ experience in teaching and translation equips me with assertiveness and interpersonal skills. Currently seeking the right opportunity to further develop my skill set in a lively environment.
Joint Master Erasmus Mundus in Performing Arts Studies 2010/10 – 2012/09
Johann Wolfgang Goethe Frankfurt University am Main
University of Copenhagen
• Average of all modules: 1.6 (Good)
Bachelor of Foreign Languages 2004/09 – 2009/06
Bachelor of Economics 2004/09 – 2009/06
National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan
• GPA: 3.7/4.0
Writer / Co-producer – Short film Mousetrap 2018/11 - Present
• Securing funding and online campaigns
• Liaising with local director and crew members
Writer / Co-producer - Short film Merry-go-round 2017/06 – 2018/09
• Collaborated with award-winning director
• Selected by Academy Award-qualifying festival: LAAPFF
• Ensured production stays on schedule and within budget
Screenwriter - Freelance 2015/01 – Present
• Optioned by Taiwanese production company: Barren (sci-fi feature)
• Written treatments/pilots for two local television corporations
• Selected attendee for in-house training - Sanlih E-Television, Taiwan
English Teacher / Translator - Self-Employed 2013/01 – Present
• Expediting turnaround while listening carefully to clients’ demands
• Providing students with tailor-made handouts and stimulating their interest in English with multidisciplinary courses
• Preparing students for entrance exams and presentations efficiently
Workshops & Festivals
Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival (LAAPFF) – Invited Artist 2019/05
• Selected fimmaker for shorts program: What Would You Do
Unrestricted View Film Festival – Invited Filmmaker 2019/04
• Semi-Finalist of Best Foreign Short
Hong Kong Filmart – Guest 2017/03
• Written treatments of sci-fi features for major film production companies
Riga International Film Festival 2ANNAS – Guest 2016/09
London Screenwriter’s Festival – Delegate 2015/10
• Selected attendee for Script Surgery / Legal Clinic / Pitchfest
Kuringa Theatre in Berlin – Venue Assistant/Performer 2011/10 – 12
Rainbow of the Desires: The Invasion of the Brain (Workshop)
Aesthetics of the Oppressed (Workshop)
Roots and Wings (Seminar)
• Facilitated interaction between audience and performers
• Set up venues and arranged props
• Collected feedback and wrote reports
Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden – Technical Assistant 2011/01 – 02
Scenic Project of Botho Strauss
• Assisted lighting and sound checks
• Discussed new procedure in detail with team members before implementing it
Qualifications and Awards:
• Goethe Deutsche Zertifikat C1 (Goethe German Certificate C1)
• Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for M.A. - Ministry of Education, Taiwan
• Short screenplay Merry-go-round - The Impact 50 Finalists
Ying-Chu is an experienced tutor with excellent skills in Chinese studies. With her attention, any student can improve their understanding of Chinese. She also has passion and patience to help students develop their potential.
Ying-Chu has a very good grasp of the English language and has great pronunciation. She's patient with students and teaches in a clear and efficient manner. I highly recommend her as a tutor!
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|