My teaching incorporates the following
* Positive reinforcement. Always noticing the little successes with every class to make people feel like they are constantly learning.
* Student-centred and conversational. I want the lessons to be as interesting and relevant for the student as possible. I will spend time getting to know what interests you, and try to incorporate those into the lessons as much as I can!
* Visual. I like to use realia and pictures often in my class to make it as dynamic as possible.
* Clear guideline for the lesson at the beginning. I like to give my students a good idea of what to expect during the lesson at the start.
* Variety. I like to incorporate reading, writing, and speaking activities into my lessons, so that you get a good range and more thorough idea of English.
* Warm-up and cool-down. I always like to start the lesson with a light-hearted, easy activity and general chat, and end up the same, as well as leaving time for questions and things to think about for next time.
* Contact outside the lesson. I like to be available for my students, should they have any additional questions.
* Fun. The most important! I want my students to start and end the lesson with a big smile on their faces!
I am a passionate, versatile teacher who loves to share her love of the English language with her students, and to help them make English just that little bit easier! I'm from London, England originally, but have previously lived in Australia, Fiji, and currently in sunny Barcelona. I have BA in English from the University of Exeter, and am currently doing a masters in Children's Writing from Manchester Metropolitan University.
When I'm not teaching, I love running, good food, and am currently attempting to write a children's novel. I've been working at the American School of Barcelona for four years, so have had good exposure to a variety of accents in English- just let me know what kind of vocabulary/accent you are aiming for.
Thanks so much for reading, and I look forward to hearing from you and starting your English journey!
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|