I am a professional Accountant, in the UK. I am a university of Kent Graduate: with a 2:1 in Law and Accounting and Finance.
I have been teaching basic to advanced level English, on a voluntary basis, with charities in the City of Leeds, in the UK.
I have been teaching basic to advanced level English, on a voluntary basis, with charities in the City of Leeds, in the UK. Most of my students have been of African, European and Asian descent; my students are usually preparing for their Naturalisation and 'Life in the UK' test.
I am an ACCA part qualified (5 modules), and joint honours graduate in Law and Accounting and Finance, with strong organisational, communication and team leadership skills. I am seeking to begin a career in Accounting.
Education and Qualifications
2011-2015, Law and Accounting and Finance (Joint Hons) BA Hons: University of Kent
• Obtained a 2:1 Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Law and Accounting and Finance.
• Developed research, independent study and teamwork skills.
• Relevant modules undertaken were Financial Accounting (1&2), Management Accounting (1&2), Principles of Business Finance, Strategic Management and Business Law; and all qualifying law degree modules.
2009-2011, A-levels: Havering Sixth Form College
• Achieved ABBC
2008-2009, GCSEs: King’s Wood School
• Achieved A-B’s in all GCSEs and a Distinction in BTEC Sport
• Communication and public speaking skills, developed in positions formerly and currently held
• Accountability, reliability and responsibility developed, acquired through leadership positions
• Exceptional track record of meeting deadlines and targets
• Outstanding customer services and organisational skills
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced excel and IT design; and excellent social media skills
2016 Mar- Present, Turner and Townsend: Accounts Assistant (9 months).
UK founded in 1946, T&T is a world-leading professional services company, with 90 offices around the globe. It offers independent advice, safeguarding the commercial interests of clients embarking on investment programmes across real estate, infrastructure and natural resources.
• My responsibilities (in Group Finance) include: preparing profit report (via excel), assistance with monthly management accounts; accruals & prepayments; preparation and posting of GL journals; intercompany invoice reconciliations; missing timesheet chasing and reporting; fortnightly & monthly utilisation reporting; preparing yearly ‘budget trackers’; supporting the technical teams across the UK; data entry on Citrix Xenapp FMS and some admin work
• My responsibilities (in Purchase Ledger) include: processing 350 invoices per week, average- data entry and chasing through to payment; creating new supplier accounts; assisting Treasury with subcontract/manual invoice payments; personally assisting suppliers and contractors with prompt payments; weekly pay runs; cost allocations for management accounts and VAT purposes.
• I am building and strengthening my excel skills, my ability to meet tight weekly and monthly deadlines and my interrelation skills: professional and social, in a large office
2016 Jan-Mar, Rehman Michael & Co: Accounting Assistant (Voluntary)
• My responsibilities include data entry on the VT accounting system, bank statement reconciliation and book-keeping; entering invoices preparing excel spreadsheets. Also, updating and making entries using Payroll Manager.
• I Undertook placements in 2012 and 2014 in the same company, for a total of 2 months
• I also do receptionist/clerk work: promptly assisting clients on the phone and in person
• I am developing greater work place vigilance and diligence; and professional interpersonal skills.
2015 Dec, AETC ltd: Assistant Accountant
AETC, a part of PCC Airfoils, is a market relevant organisation. It manufactures complex and highly technical investment castings used in helicopters, industrial gas turbines and jet engines- commercial and military.
• My responsibilities included invoice/receipt entry on the SAP accounting system, authorising payments, and book-keeping.
• I acquired knowledge of SAP, and improved upon my IT skills and my ability to meet deadlines.
2015 Aug, Executive Touch Ltd: Direct Marketing Specialist
• Executive Touch Ltd is a vibrant direct marketing and sales firm which offers clients a wide range of services including brand and campaign management; direct sales and marketing and customer acquisition.
• My responsibilities were to represent the 'Talk-Talk' brand on promotion events, and recruit new customers each day.
• I developed excellent communication skills: confidence when speaking and articulation when explaining and promoting the brand.
2012 - 2015, New Life Church: Volunteer Connect Group Leader
• I was entrusted to lead and manage a group of 10-15 young adults: from 2012-2015
• My responsibilities included organising and leading weekly bible study group meetings.
• I periodically organised other group activities within the Church rota: like outings.
• I developed interpersonal skills and organisational skills through planning and leading the meetings and activities. I also developed self-confidence and cultural awareness.
• I was elected Treasurer of my University Basketball team, my church’s student group and the Christian Performing Arts Society on the Kent University campus
• I am fluent in three languages (English, Ndebele and Shona), and I am teaching myself modern languages: Spanish, French and Mandarin; and Ancient Hebrew. I have basic reading skills in all
• I love music: I play guitar and keyboard (both self-taught); I also sing and lead my church choir. I love to salsa!
• I have written features in inspirational books, and I proof read for academics and authors.
References available on request.
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|