The most common reason pupils fail in mathematics is as a consequence of losing confidence. My earliest priority would be to remedy this by ensuring that lower order concepts had been fully understood.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Mathematics and Information Technology.Â I am qualified in Visual Basic, object oriented programming.Â I am familiar with HTML programming and have a keen interest in developing further my knowledge of Java, object oriented programming. Algebra. Statistics. Core 1, Core 2. Core 3, Core 4. Decision mathematics. Facebook.. Twitter. Linkedin. GCSE mathematics. A level mathematics. I have recently attended course in social networking and can now offer tuition in Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Bachelor of Science (Mathematics III(hons), Russian for Scientists II(i)). Postgraduate certificate of education. Postgraduate diploma in computing. Master in Education. City & Guilds 226 electronic servicing. Analogue electronics. Merit. City & Guilds Visual Basic Level two.
- How much do you charge?
- Where do you teach?
Usually in the client's house. Could give tuition in own home (Holmfirth).Â IÂ live up in the hills above the West Yorkshire Pennine village.Â I am prepared to travel up to 20 miles from my house.Â Barnsley, Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds,, West Yorkshire, Manchester, Glossop, Oldham or Sheffield are within my radar!
- When are you available?
Any time.Â Usually evenings but am often available during the day or weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
GCSE and A level.Â Ages 5 to 60!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE. A level.Â Degree level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype at a time convenient to client.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Start revising early!!Â A level students, please constantly check you have fully understood GCSE topics!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Two years teaching mathematics to A level in Jamaica. Eight years as mathematics teacher in charge of computer studies at a Bradford comprehensive school. Six months as GNVQ advanced co-ordinator in information technology at a further education college.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
University of Leeds and Doncaster College of Education. University of Bradford.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
British Computer Society.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have four GCSE mathematics students who are awaiting their results. (2014) Two of my students, studying at Greenhead College, have just finished the first year of the A level mathematics course.
• Bachelor of science. III(hons) Mathematics. Russian for scientists II(i)
• Postgraduate certificate of education. Master in education. Postgraduate diploma in computing
With Peter's help, my son passed GCSE maths. He had struggled for three years and was unsuccessful prior to Peter giving him tuition. I highly recommend Peter to anyone looking for a tutor. Thanks to Peter my son is now starting university.
basic computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer science lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computing lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|