I believe that students need to be engaged with the lesson and enjoy what they are doing. By combining games and challenging tasks, students will be more willing to improve. Also, lessons need to be targeted to each individual student and adapt to the learner's needs.
I am currently completing a Postgraduate in Education for Modern Foreign Languages. This course has allowed me to combine theory and practice to improve students' language skills.
I have also worked as a private tutor and as a language facilitator at Bournemouth University
Languages: English/ Spanish
Linkedin: (concealed information)
Education & Professional Qualifications
Sep, 2018- Present. PGCE for MFL – BDP and Winchester University
This course has helped me to gain a better understanding about the current needs in education, particularly in Modern Foreign Languages. By combining theory and practice, I have been able to develop a critical understanding about metacognition, socialisation and different cognitive process which affect students learning.
Sep. 2013-Jul. 2017-Bournemouth University
Bsc(Hons)Sports Psychology & Coaching Sciences (High 2:1)
Thanks to generic modules for Human Psychology & Coaching and optative areas for Business and Sports Analysis I have gained the following skills:
• Ability to evaluate and identified different cognitive factors affecting human performance.
• Advanced critical analysis about coaching practices in different sporting environments.
• Ability to evaluate, analyse and interpret data obtained for coaching purposes
• Advanced techniques on Notational Analysis of Sports and Biomechanics
• Practical skills for sports development, small business management and events management
• A global understanding about the current needs in the sports industry and other related sectors, such as heal referral environments, active tourism and data analysis.
- An investigation of behavioural change interventions implemented to enhance swimming participation within non-elite adult populations. A case study of a non-profit organisation in Southwest England 76/100
- English Team Beach Soccer- Performance Analysis (Collaborative Research)
Summer 2015- Maastricht University
Positive Psychology (Theory and Practice)
Throughout this course I gained a better understanding about the current application of psychology on a large range of industries, from business to social services and medical studies. Besides, the location of the course brought me the opportunity to discuss different psychological theories with professionals from different backgrounds and nationalities.
September 2010- June2012
-Nuestra Sn. De la Victoria, H.H Maristas. Malaga, Spain.
International bachelor (sciences) – Grades: 86/100.
- A.S.A. Level 2. Teaching Aquatics & Level 2 Coaching Swimming
- Swimming Instructor (Spanish Federation of Swimming)-Malaga.
- Rescue Test Aquatics
- Nutrition for physical activity- Premier training international
January 2015- Present
Swimming Teacher- BH Live Active
Over the last four years, I have worked as a swim teacher and swim coach for BH Live. This role has helped me to understand the importance of physical activity and exercise. Furthermore, this role has allowed me to see in practice diverse theories studied previously at BU.
October 2017- July 2018
Teaching Assistant- The Grange School – Twynham Learning
To gain a better understanding about secondary education, last academic year I worked as a teacher assistant. This role helped me to understand how students learn and why is important to set challenging but attainable goals to all students.
July 2015-June 2016
Assistant Coordinator- BH Live Swimming Academy-
As part of my university experience, in third year I took part on a full-time placement scheme with BH Live Active working hand-in-hand with the general director of the Swimming Academy. My primary duties in this role were:
• To help with the development of the Academy working in partnership with NGBs, such as The ASA.
• To help to coordinate and administrate sports programs for more than 1800 children and adults interest in the sport.
• To present and improve current programs based on financial request and proposals.
• To collaborate with maintenance of the equipment.
• To run and design swimming weekly lessons for over a 200 pupils.
• To assist in recruitment process and interviews of new candidates.
October 2013-July 2015
RELAYS Development officer/ Ambassador- Bournemouth University
As a progression in my career, during my second year at BU I have gained more responsibilities within RELAYS (Regional Educational Legacy in Arts and Youth Sport), working as a sports coordinator, creating new volunteer opportunities for other students, while mentoring new generations at Bournemouth University.
- Synchronised swimming. Psychology Guest Speaker
- Swim Bournemouth. Psychology workshop
- Student Development Award Distinction (2014/2015) in recognition of graduate employability skills developed through extra-curricular activities.
- Committee member of BU Swim Team (Treasurer)
- Language facilitator (Spanish)
- NAGS Championships. Field of play (Volunteer)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£150|