Physics is all about exploring the world. My style of teaching focuses on modeling processes that happen around is in nature in order to bring the relevant material subject closer to my students. My main goal is to clearly explain the content, address misunderstandings and help my students develop their independent learning after my sessions through working examples during the sessions.
My teaching experience includes a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and teaching in two different secondary schools in a range of ages. I have been teaching mainly full classes with the exception of out of school hours questions and support when asked by my students. I have also provided students support during a lunchtime school group where i had the opportunity to work on an individual basis and in classes where i was deployed as a teaching assistant during my training year. i have found that my students that pay attention in lessons and work independently tend to achieve excellent results.
My rates may vary based on travel expenses for distances over 10km
A bilingual, hard-working physics graduate with good problem solving skills, teaching skills and computer programming experience.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Hull (2015-2016) Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Secondary Science)
• Teaching Physics, Chemistry and Biology to students of ages 11-18.
• Writing literacy essays on teaching and learning and subject specific topics.
• Taking responsibility for personal development through reading and observing new teaching methods and techniques.
University of Hull (2012-2015) BSc Physics (First class honours)
• Experience in preparing risk assessments and writing lab reports.
• Ability to give presentations to academic and non-academic audiences.
• Practical knowledge using computer software including Mathcad, Matlab.
• Final Year project: Observation and tracking of sunspots and sunspot groups and literature review on Sunspots and their properties along with solar phenomena and the importance of the magnetic field of the sun.
2nd High School Palaiou Falirou (Greece) (2005-2007)
Overall average pass mark of the B form: excellent, 91%
Overall average apolytirio mark of the C form: very good, 87.5%
Mathematic (83.5%), Physics (86%), Principles of Business and Services Organization and Administration (100%), Applications development in a Programming Environment (92.5%), Multimedia Networks (95%)
• South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, Wolfreton School (2015-2016) Teacher training placements.
• University of Hull (June-July 2012) Astrophysics project on E+A Galaxies and their properties. (Voluntary)
I had the opportunity to work on a university astrophysics project and develop my problem solving skills and computer programming skills as a part of a team led by a distinguished Astrophysics lecturer.
Mother tongue: Greek
Excellent knowledge of English: IELTS (2013) 7.5/9, Certificate of Proficiency in English (2005) C
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint): Intermediate, FORTRAN: Intermediate, Mathcad: Intermediate, Matlab: Basic, Python: Basic, C, C++: Basic
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£12|