I am currently a 3rd year Chemical Engineering masters student at University of Surrey. I intend to give online lessons to increase reliability. I can help with content and also will help you with your study schedule and technique- will be most beneficial to GCSE and A-Level students, but open to helping undergraduate engineers too.
I have been tutoring since I was 17, starting by giving physics lessons to around 10 GCSE students (all achieving A or B grades). I have also tutored an A-level student through maths for the last two years. she is predicted an A grade and achieved a high B grade (79%) at AS-level.
5 webcam lessons for £50
10 webcam lessons for £100
*first lesson free as we discuss exam boards/specifications/struggling areas etc.*
29 The Chase, Guildford, Surrey| (+44) (concealed information)| (concealed information) ǀ Full clean UK driving licence
A very disciplined and self-motivated individual. I have a strong work ethic, striving for quality in everything I do. I am a critical thinker with strong analytical skills gained through my studies in engineering. I also have excellent teamwork and communication skills gained through my work in gymnastics coaching and as a shop manager.
RESEARCH INTERN | BIOCOLOR | JAN 2014-JAN 2014 (DURATION 1 WEEK)
I worked closely alongside engineers who were researching cell migration on order to produce a product that would track the cell movement. My duties involved taking and examining cell samples, using microscopes and a mass spectrometer. I also produced assay product in a chemical lab to be sold and observed website analytical research and marketing for the company.
GYMNASTICS LEVEL 1 COACH AND JUDGE | CARRICKFERGUS GYMNASTICS CLUB | SEPT 2013-JUNE 2015 (DURATION ~1.5 YEARS)
I coached children aged 5-16 through recreational skills and judged gymnastics competitions representing my club throughout Northern Ireland.
MANAGER AND KEY HOLDER | MR SIMMS OLDE SWEET SHOPPE |OCT 2016- PRESENT
My duties include, opening and closing the shop. Managing the shop including stock upkeep, sales and dealing with any issues that arise. I am also responsible for assistants and cashing up at the end of each day.
Balancing a managerial job throughout my degree has allowed me to develop excellent time management skills, this job has also given me confidence in communicating and problem solving with both my colleagues and with customers.
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (MENG) | 2015-PRESENT | UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
Currently third year and obtaining a 2.1 level.
• Lab work & report writing
For 2 semesters, I have done weekly lab work in groups of four. We used equipment such as PID controller, cooling tower and heat exchangers etc. then constructed lab reports on our experiments both as a group and individually. From this I have developed excellent communication and organisational skills, through working as a group to solve problems and complete the reports throughout the semester.
•Design project: Methanol production on ASPEN HYSYS
For this project, I worked individually to construct a 35 page HYSYS report on the production of methanol from synthesis gas. This included choosing a correct simulation package, constructing a PFD on HYSYS, carrying out mass and energy balances and completing a cost analysis.
Through completion of this project, I have become very comfortable in modelling chemical processes thermodynamically, and in using the HYSYS system. This lead me to achieve a grade of 76% in the report.
• Relevant modules:
Fluid mechanics, engineering systems, control, reaction engineering, separation processes, heat and mass transfer, applied and chemical thermodynamics.
2008-2015 | BELFAST ROYAL ACADEMY
· A-level Mathematics (A), Physics (A), Chemistry(B)
· 10 GCSEs (1 A* grade, 6 A grades, 3 B grades)
· I am comfortable using the computer programs, Aspen HYSYS and MATLAB and proficient in almost all Microsoft office programs.
· I was a competitive gymnast until the age of 16, culminating to the point where I won the gold medal for balance beam at the Northern Ireland Championships.
· I am a qualified gymnastics coach and judge. And have recently completed a child protection course in safeguarding children and young people.
· I currently compete with my university cheerleading team throughout the UK at national level (last year being national champions in level 2 coed).
· I have recently been elected the club’s treasurer, where I manage the budget and finances for the club (~ 80 members).
· I have a basic understanding of French and German. I am currently taking a German language course (with the Global Graduate Award scheme) at my university alongside my degree.
· I am involved in a lot of volunteering and fundraising with the Surrey university cheerleading club, this year we have focused on the charity ‘shooting star chase’ that helps local children with life threatening illnesses. We raised over £1000 for them, mostly through bag packs, a sponsored skate of 100km and bake sales.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£150|