Tutoring and helping people through exams since 2007, I offer: Patience (without limit). Tutoring for people who struggle with traditional teaching. Learning through questioning and doing
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BSc Physics with Space Technology, MSc Vacuum Science, PhD Materials Science/Physics.
- How much do you charge?
£20 an hour. As I use part of the first session to assess the students needs, the first session is free. To discuss tuition of Physics at university level please contact me to discuss rates.
- Where do you teach?
I tutor in the Bo'ness, Linlithgow, and Grangemouth area.
- When are you available?
Weekends and weekday evenings, exact times by arrangement.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach: Physics up to Higher / A- level. Mathematics up to Standard / GCSE level. I will tutor Physics to undergraduate university level after discussing the students specific requirements.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
11+ exams, GCSE's, Standard grades, A Levels, Highers, and undergraduate modules.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
At present online tutoring is via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I know very well just how nerve wracking the approach to an exam can be. I work with the student to instill confidence, based on real knowledge and ability. If you need help with your course then simply get in touch with me, and we'll talk out how I can help you best!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Tutoring since 2007. Levels I've tutored for: Â· Tutor GCSE/Standard levels Â· A-/Higher level. Â· Undergraduate university students.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have a full DBS certificate and I am a member of the Protection of vulnerable groups (PVG) scheme.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the University of Salford, and at Manchester Metropolitan University under Professor Peter Kelly.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Tutor Association
• BSc Physics with Space Technology
• PhD Physics / Materials Science
• Full DBS checked, Associate member of The Tutor Association, member of protection of vulnerable groups (PVG) scheme,certificates available for examination.
• Protection of vulnerable groups scheme. Assistant scout leader at 154 Leith Scout group.
John has helped me tremendously with Maths at both National 5 and Higher levels. He helps me understand, explains the topics I have difficulty with and goes over practice exam questions to improve my exam technique.
Thank you John! We really appreciate the incredible effort you have given in such a short space of time. Conor completed another mock last night and was delighted to achieve 730 in QR!
I always struggle with physics and maths, but John was able to break the more complicated things down into easily understandable portions. I really appreciate how much patience he has and it is clear just how passionate he is about his subjects.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|