To ensure students gain a complete understanding of the subject (without boring them!), by focussing on the logic of the relevant theory, and putting it in a modern-day context. Taught theory followed by questions marked with feedback and further discussion
I am in 2nd Year at Exeter University, studying Politics, Philosophy and Economics (High 2:1). I have helped students to write CVs, leading to one gaining a place at UCL to study Chemistry. Also taught AS Level Economics and Politics.
For GCSE Level students, the rate is lower.
For Personal Statement/CV work, the rate is lower.
University of Exeter – BA (Hons) Politics, Philosophy and Economics (2016-)
• First Year result - 2:1 (Economics: 1st, Politics: 2:1, Philosophy: 2:1) Second Year – 2:1 – Economics 1st, Politics 1st, Philosophy 2:1
• Relevant modules: Basic Quantitative Methods, Economic Principles, Policy Issues in the Global Economy, Economic Principles and Policy
Mill Hill School – London 2011-2016
• A Level: Economics (A), Government and Politics (A), History (A), AS Level: Mathematics (C)
• 1A*, 7As, 2Bs in GCSEs. (Including Maths, English, Statistics, History, Latin)
• Highest Achiever Academic Prize in Government and Politics A level at Mill Hill School
Market Research and Business Consultancy Services – LifeVantage Hong Kong Ltd, Hong Kong – Summer 2017
• Shadowed Ms. F. Fung (Regional Vice President Asia Development) who provides consultancy to U.S. SME’s seeking to enter the Chinese and Hong Kong markets.
• Analysed feedback reports and statistical data to ascertain consumer trends in regards to new products entering the market.
Financial services – Eriswell Capital Management - Summer 2015
• Observed managers react to economic events by advising institutions to adjust their holdings.
• Developed statistical spreadsheets on Excel to track share price volatility.
• Created a prospect list tracking Fund Managers’ portfolios and marking shareholdings, and created a visual map of economic forecasts for the Eurozone post-2015, linking this with the Greek Crisis to depict its impact on share prices and fund managers’ portfolio holdings.
• Attended an AGM of the British-German Association, and interacted with members of the House of Lords and Commons, and CEOs of German Corporations.
• Bloomberg proficiency exams- Core Essentials (95%) and Equity Essentials (93%).
Additional Skills/ Work Experience
Political Canvassing – London, Exeter
• Canvassed for London Mayoral and 2017 General Election. Honed my persuasive and communicative skills discussing current affairs with the electorate.
Crisis Charity Volunteer – London (pending)
Chair of Economics and Finance Society - Mill Hill School
• Organised venues and topics for debates about current global economic issues. Led debates and encouraged students to engage and learn about global macroeconomic issues. Improved my interpersonal and management skills.
Management of football team – North London
• Organised fixtures and team kit, selected squad members and team line-ups. Harnessed and improved leadership and critical thinking skills.
Tennis coaching - London
• Built working relationships with students and parents and built training to improving players while ensuring they enjoyed the sport. Honed critical thinking and management skills.
Captain of tennis team – Mill Hill
• Led and coached the team, improving my leadership, determination and teamwork skills.
Ambition/Interest for Economics/Financial Markets
• Attended external lectures on Globalisation at LSE.
• Regularly read The Economist magazine and Mainly Macro blog.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|