I am happy to give my lessons to anyone (e.g. undergrads/postgrads, A level students etc) who are interested in Chinese culture, happy to learn and improve their Chinese language (oral and written, English-Chinese translations etc) and the relevant skills.
My teaching styles are:
Practical (simulating real conversation context, or professional Chinese writing context)
Informal but professional;
Relax and friendly!
The teaching/tutorial can be either in person or online video/Skype call etc.
I am a current Postdoctoral Research Fellow working in the University of Nottingham; I have a PhD degree in Food Science. As University teaching assistant during 2013-2017, I've developed professional experience of giving teaching, training, supervision for both undergraduates and Postgraduates. As an output, some of them have won the prize for their project competition.
But, I am also very interested in language and different cultures/history from over the world. I've also been giving Chinese Language (Mandarin) lessons/tutorial since 2017; taught more than 10 students with different nationalities (including British, French, Thailand, British-Born Chinese). As a result, they have achieved significant improvement after the tutorial with satisfaction. I am always being friendly and happy with my students to improve together!
Dr. Wentao Liu (Kerry)
Enabling Food Innovation Centre, Division of Food Sciences, School of Biosciences, the University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Leicestershire, LE12-5RD, UK.
Tel: (concealed information)1; Email: (concealed information)
Education & qualifications:
University of Nottingham (UK): PhD in Food Sciences (2013-2017)
University of Nottingham (UK): MSc in Food Production Management (2012-2013)
University of Reading (UK): BSc in Food Science and Technology (2010 – 2012)
He Nan University of Technology (China): BSc in Food Science and Engineering (2008 – 2010)
Professional working experience and skills:
Location: Enabling Food Innovation center, the University of Nottingham, UK (2017-present) Work as Research Fellow in ‘Alternative Protein’ area
• Responsible for organizing and running two one-day events/workshops for the topic of ‘Alternative Protein & Food Waste Valorization’, and output of a group of 50-100 people.
• Research on food proteins (both sustainable proteins and diary proteins) and their applications in re-processed food products, with nutritional enhancement or gluten replacement or meat alternative etc.
(Developed hands-on experience of food ingredient handling, processing/functionality and extraction Technology and product/structural design for human health benefits etc)
• Project creation and lead: creating and running whey protein based project (sport nutrition product research/development); Chia seed based project (vegan ice cream/yoghurt research/development); pea protein and soybean based project (pizza product/Tempeh product) for food companies etc.
• Responsible for knowledge transfer on the subject and supervising 2 Masters’ Student research projects (1, Investigation on allergen free vegan yogurt to delivery acceptable flavor, texture, and nutritional balance; 2, assessment of microbiological safety and sensory property of sandwich filling product using pea protein).
• Responsible for the engagement/collaborative network among different parties (delivery of activities between universities/research institutes and commercial food companies).
Location: the University of Nottingham and the University of Reading, UK (2011-2016)
Work as Teaching Assistant for Universities
• Responsible for ‘English-Chinese translations’ for UK University and China University/companies collaboration. (2017-2018)
• Responsible for training Masters Students for their lab based practicals/demonstrations and output of a group of 35 people. (2015-2016)
• Responsible for supervising one Undergraduate final project research: Rheological behavior of a multiple phase dairy system. (2014-2015)
• Responsible for student exams invigilation and also being volunteer as student helper
Leadership Experience and Professionalism
• Group leader for New Product Development (NPD) project (Smart Turkey product development). My role focused on Science area and effectively at managing time and prioritising tasks. Adhered to tight deadlines during work placement. (2012-2013)
• Group leader for the module PBL (problem based learning), and demonstrated my responsibility and character of leadership, achieved a positive result. (2012-2013)
Communication & Interpersonal experience:
• Experience on working for UK (University of Nottingham) – China (Zhejiang Jinming Biological science & technology Ltd food company) collaborative relationship building.
• English - Chinese language translations for reports and documents writing for Zhejiang Jinming company project.
• Experience on ‘English-Chinese’ language translation for UK (University of Nottingham) - China (ZheJiang provisional delegates) in an ‘AgriFood innovation’ collaborative workshop.
• Experience on tutoring students (British, French, Thailand etc) for Chinese language in 2017.
• Developed experience on professional communication/presentations in both national and international conferences as well as in work places.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking oral expression - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|