I used to teach the undergraduates who want to be further educated in an English-speaking country. Therefore, I need to help them to be familiar with western culture and pass the exam such as IELTS or TOEFL. I tried my best to make the class more vivid
I used to teach IELTS and TOEFL for 1 to 1 lessons and group lessons in China. I have a master's degree in TESOL in the university of Liverpool. I helped the students to raise the IELTS score from 4.5 to 6.
As a TESOL postgraduate with experience in teaching in ESL classrooms, I have successfully combined academic study with educational placements in the UK and in China. An initiator, task-oriented team worker and an experienced IELTS teacher in China.
Living and teaching English in China as well as studying in the UK for a year with people from different countries, meant that communication and presentation skills were essential. I frequently had to speak and teach in two different languages, a challenge I easily met.
Teaching English to Chinese students who need to pass IELTS or TOEFL required good team working ability. Understanding my role within a team of classroom teachers is essential, focusing on my own lesson plans and students but delivering joint team games and competitions. Working closely requires clear communication and checking understanding of roles.
Organisation and Planning
I have key skills of curriculum planning and prioritizing of workloads. Determining who would take the lead in a team teaching is essential. I would plan who take what roles, prioritise content, and allocate tasks prior to entering the classroom.
Good working knowledge of several word processing packages including Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. Frequent use of Internet and e-mail for research and social purposes.
Wisdom International Language Training School, China
December 2016 – July 2017
- 1 to 1 class in teaching IELTS and TOEFL to Chinese students, mostly undergraduates. Helping students raise IELTS writing score from 4.5 to 6, IELTS listening scores reach at 7, TOEFL writing scores reach at B2 level based on CEFR. I am good at helping students to raise IELTS listening and writing scores in a short time.
First Leap Future Leaders’ Institute, China
June 2016 – July 2016
- Assisting foreign teachers in teaching English to eight to twelve students aging from 3 to 7. Designing in-class games which are suitable for children to make them feel enjoyable in class. Talking with parents about how the lessons are organized to make them feel confident in choosing to let their children study in First Leap.
Fengzhen Experimental High School, China
September 2015 – January 2016
- Internship in teaching English to 60 high school students, including planning and teaching 45 minutes English classes, guiding self-study, giving feedback of homework ad organising parents meeting. I am good at motivating students to join in the class and to speak out in class. I helped a really shy student to feel confident to speak English once.
University of Liverpool
MA Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (TEMA)
September 2017-September 2018
- Dissertation: Based on evaluation of EAP course book materials, the work analyzed and evaluated the benefits of taking pre-sessional courses in the UK.
BTTC of Inner Mongolia University of Science & Technology, China
BA English Literature & English Education Training
September 2012-July 2016
- Dissertation: Based on 4 motivations of vocabulary, the work suggested some methods in memorizing IELTS vocabulary.
- Rewards: national scholarship, integrated quantity scholarship, certificate of champion of debating in English, certificate completing the course of global understanding
Hobbies and interests
I can translate and speak Mandarin and English fluently as well as have language level certificate in Mandarin. In addition, I studied Russian for two semesters while I was doing bachelor’ degree and I can speak a little Russian and translate with dictionary. My hobby is practicing yoga and Pilates at leisure time and I’m qualified to teach yoga. I also play the piano.
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||£19|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£95|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£190|