My teaching method, in a nutshell, is to personalise where possible; where that is not necessary, I try to explain things as simply as possible while ensuring that this theoretical understanding is tested through practical activities and praxis. It really all revolves around the individual, how they learn and what they wish to achieve.
I am a primary teacher with 4 years experience, although recently I have been teaching Autistic children at Key Stage 3 level. My background is artistic predominantly; writing and drawing, music and travelling have made up the last 10 years of my life. I studied Creative Writing at university before moving into teaching. Teaching and communicating with people is my real passion, however. I also have experience working with children who have EAL needs.
September 2018 – present Accelerated Learning Teacher (Primary Level) – Year 7
The Anderson School (National Autistic Society), Chigwell
January 2017 – August 2018 Class Teacher (and NQT Support) – Year 3
Tollgate Primary School, Plaistow
Sept 2015-Dec 2016 Class Teacher (NQT) – Year 4
Shaftesbury Primary School, Upton Park
• Playwrighting; co-producing, co-writing and co-directing a play about Diwali.
• Successfully transitioning a child diagnosed with ADHD & ODD to full-time mainstream schooling from a Reintegration into Education (RIET) centre, working with SENCO and deputy head.
• Gaining teaching experience (through many requests) in most year groups, gaining understanding, through practice, about how children progress through the school system as well as developing a range of age-dependent behaviour management techniques.
• Studied basic sign language.
• Received ‘Safer Handling’ training.
• Leading educational visits with 60+ children; writing corresponding RAs.
2010-14 Creative Arts & English Language Facilitator –
South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Lewisham Hospital, Milligan Unit
2009-11 English Teacher – Teaching Experts, Bogotá, Colombia D.C.
Teaching English to young professionals in Latin America.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|