A former Soloist dancer with English National Ballet with over 20 years experience in the dance sector, Andre will drawn up a strategic learning plan to support students and their needs on both technical and artistic skills.
Ballet lessons can also include body condition, muscle recognition and acylation exercises, Progressive Dance Technique or simply ballet lessons focusing on strengthening technical and performance skills at the appropriate level the student is at.
Coaching within the classical repertoire is also available for both male or female students.
Andre Portasio was born in Brazil where he started his ballet training under the guidance of Natalia Barbara. In 1997 he was granted a scholarship to join the Escuela National de Cuba and in 1998 supported by the Nureyev's Foundation he relocated to London to finish his studies at English National Ballet School.
Twice medalist at the Adeline de Genne Competition (1998 -1999) as well as other key ballet competitions around the world, in 1999 he was invited to join English National Ballet where he performed to critical acclaim at a nationally and internationally level. Over 10 successful years he was featured in ballets such as Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Coppelia, Romeo and Juliet, Giselle, Cinderella, Canterville Ghost, Snow Queen, Nutcraker, Rite of Spring, Facing Viv, Who Cares? among many others.
Andre has an MA in Culture, Policy and Management by City University, was graduated from the Royal Ballet and Royal Ballet School with a Diploma in Ballet Education. His previous teaching experience are with English National Ballet, Royal Ballet, Royal Ballet School, The Place, Italia Conti, DanceWarehouse, Sadler’s Wells Theatre and Primary and Secondary Schools around London and Kent.
This is special rate for online lessons during the Coronavirus Crisis.
Ballet Teacher Curriculum Vitae
2019 Dance Warehouse Scholar Programme – leading weekly ballet lessons to young people aged between 11-18 years old.
2018 – 2019 New English Ballet Theatre - Outreach programmes , leading choreographic and ballet workshops in primary schools in London and Kent.
2018 - 2019 - Italia Conti Dance Academy, teaching term lessons including Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 Juniors, performing arts diploma and degree courses.
2017 - Royal Ballet - Change to Dance Programme and The Royal Ballet School – Primary Steps Programme - 6 Weeks programme covering the principals of classical ballet to primary school children (Year 3-4) across London and the South East.
2017 - Italia Conti Academy & London Contemporary Dance School- Ballet Cover Teacher, working with students aged between 6 to 18 years old.
2016 - Guest teacher (professional classes) at Henny Jurriens Studios– Amsterdam.
2016 - Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance workshop themed on partnering work to young people aged between 12 -16 years old.
2011 - 2016 The Place. Classes and Courses. Teaching open classes to professionals, semi professional and amateur dancers on all levels (elementary, intermediate and advanced).
2013 - 2016 London Contemporary Dance School. Cover work as well as teaching exam classes on undergraduate courses.
2012 - 2015 - The Royal Ballet School, Primary Steps Programme. Weekly ballet classes offered to young people age 09 – 14 years old, levels 1, 2, 3.
2011 - 2012 - The Royal Ballet School Outreach & Access Choreographic Project, 11 week programme around choreography and performance for secondary schools and professional ballet students.
2012 - Sadler’s Wells Theatre a series of ballet workshops delivered as part of the theatre’s education programme to open day visitors.
2010 – 2013 - The Royal Ballet School. Primary Steps a 6 Weeks programme delivering the principals of classical ballet to primary school children across London and the South East.
2009 - 2010 - The Royal Ballet, Education Department varies workshops and classes to visitors, primary and secondary students.
2008 – 2009 - English National Ballet. Lead various projects and workshops for the Education Department whilst still dancing professionally with the company. Involving professional dancers, art and fashion students, associates and sponsors.
Education and Qualifications
• 2010 MA in Culture Policy and Management, City University, London.
• 2009-10 Certificate of High-Education in Arts Management, Birkbeck University London
• 2009 Clore Leadership Programme, Short Course, Nottingham.
• 2008-09 Professional Diploma in Ballet in Education, Royal Opera House/Royal Ballet School, London
• 1998-99 English National Ballet School (United Kingdom).
• 1997-98 Cuban National Ballet School (Cuba).
• 1990-96 Escola Artística Cultural de Pirassununga (Brazil)
Dance Career Highlights
• 1999-2009 English National Ballet - Soloist Dancer
• Featured at the national televised Royal Variety Performance in 2007 for Queen Elisabeth II - Lead Dancer
• 1996 -1999 Guest Artist in Brazil - Principal Dancer in performances, festivals and cultural events.
• Key Roles:
Tile role in The Canterville Ghost (W. Tucket), Swan Lake (D. Dean),Romeo and Juliet (R. Nureyev), Giselle (M. Skeaping), Coppelia: (H. Hynd), Sleeping Beauty (K. Macmillan), Nutcraker: (D. Dean), Principal role Who Cares (G. Balanchine), The Rite of Spring (K. Macmillan), Cinderella (M. Corder), among others.
• 1999 Silver medal Adeline de Genne Awards, Royal Academy of Dance, London.
• 1998 Nureyev Foundation Scholarship to attend English National Ballet School.
• 1998 Royal Academy of Dance - Solo Seal.
• 1998 Grand Prix Brazil, Sao Paulo.
• 1998 Silver Medal International Competition of Brazilia.
• 1998 Bronze Medal Adeline de Genne Awards, Royal Academy of Dance, London.
• 1997 Silver Medal Alicia Alonso Competition, Havana, Cuba.
• 1997 Silver Medal International Competition of Ballet, Havana, Cuba.
• 1997 Best Dancer Traditional Dance Competition, Sao Paulo, Brazil 1995 Tring R.A.D. Summer Course Scholarship from the Royal Academy of Dancing.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|