I strive to help people distance themselves from the details of the challenge in order to see the bigger picture. After that, I support and guide them with the right set of questions to extract from their own experience, the plausible solutions and then discuss with them and reassure them to take at lease a few approaches and mobilize the energy and resources they need. This helps me support professionals outside my area of knowledge as they themselves are the solution in the end.
I am a procurement manager for the top 3 manufacturer of electrification equipment - ABB. In my job, at one of the biggest manufacturing plants in the company, i tackled on a daily basis issues and challenges with my team. I use coaching to help them find the solution by understanding the challenge, accepting the reality of it and then look for a well structured, time-scheduled solution.
Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 3RR, UK
E-mail: (concealed information) ,+(concealed information)94
LinkedIn: (concealed information)
An accomplished procurement professional with 5+ years in manufacturing sector strategic and tactical purchasing. Coordinating multi-million spend and cost reduction activities for raw materials, commodities and fabricated parts. Ambitious, and with excellent communication and presentational skills. Devoted to influencing, coaching and mentoring, to facilitate successful working culture and drive efforts for overtaking targets. Closely collaborating with dispersed international team. Driving improvements and advocating change and modernization. Balanced between analytical and strategic thinking. Have a hands-on attitude, commercially astute and willing to problem solve. Entrepreneurial, highly accountable and with great integrity.
ABB (NYSE: ABB)
Strategic purchasing manager, Feb/2019 – Present
- I am the responsible and accountable to the top management to reach main department targets – cost reduction between 3-5% of spend (~600k USD) and On time delivery 90%+;
- I am coaching and mentoring my team of 3 strategic buyers, using ABB’s internal university as well as first-hand experience I have in negotiation, price management, risk mitigation, contract management and supplier lifecycle management (via CIPS);
- I am project manager on local level for key cost reduction or efficiency improvement initiatives, working closely with stakeholders locally and abroad to ensure smooth and timely execution of the actions.
o Assembly and welding outsourcing;
o Light automation upgrades on manual productions;
o Support “Gate model” in the SCM part for new production transfer;
- I participate in cross-function projects for cost optimization with Controlling, improvement of inventory with Planning and fulfillment, SCM early involvement consulting with R&D for defining the most optimized materials and suppliers within the regional supply base;
Strategic Buyer, Nov/2015 – Feb/2019
- I was responsible for procuring, cost control and contract management for several categories:
o plastic materials (PS, HIPS, PA, PT) and parts;
o copper chokes and coils, fasteners and C-parts;
o carbon steel and stainless steel as sheets;
- Identifying new supplier and performing supplier visits and audits in order to start new local sourcing of parts imported from Western Europe and Asia:
o turned and milled metal parts;
o progressive/precision stamping metal and bi-metal parts;
o assembly subcontracting.
- Participating as negotiator in escalations for claims to uncooperative suppliers;
- Responsible for supplier performance evaluations, development plans and price roadmap drafting.
Biomashinostroene ((concealed information)
Purchasing specialist, Dec/2012 – Nov/2015
- I was responsible for purchasing stainless steel long and flat products
o Sheet metal, coils, strips and thick plates
o Round, square and hexagonal rods
o Pipes and tubes for construction and the food industry (DIN11850)
- I was part of material cost control team for optimizing purchasing process through close collaboration with R&D and engineering teams. Products were project driven and the large diversity needed strong cohesion between the teams to push costs down.
- I was responsible for the purchasing team in drafting ERP implementation blueprint for INFOR’s Syteline.
“Frash” retail chain of shops
Assistant Manager , Feb/2010 – Feb/2012
KCM Trade S.A. ((concealed information)
Sales account manager, Jan/2007 – Feb/2010
Mini MBA, Feb 2018- Feb2019
PwC Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria
Modules included: Corporate governance, Project Management, Corporate finances, Marketing, Coaching;
Bachelor of International Economic Relations – International Trade, September 2002 – July 2006
University of National and World economy, Sofia, Bulgaria
Modules included: Law, Corporate Finances, Corporate Management, Micro and Macroeconomics, International Marketing, International trade, Procurement and logistics among others.
Mathematics, English and Computer Programming, September 1996 – June 2002
High-school of mathematics “Ak. Kiril Popov”, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Lean Six Sigma: Yellow belt
MS Excel Advanced
Strong digital acumen: MS Office 365, Power BI, MS Access, ERPs: Microinvest, Syteline, SAP, Product Management: PLM Windchill, IBM Cognos tools;
Preacher, Sunday school teacher, administrator – 2005 to present
Bulgarian – native tongue
English - fluent
professional coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|