I find what you want to gain from the lessons, whether it be for fun or if you want to gain qualifications like grades from the lessons and I make sure to focus on that. It is up to you!
I am a professional trombone player, busy all year round in West End shows, symphony orchestras and with major pop acts. I have two music degrees from the Royal College of Music. I live in Bromley and love to cook!
There is an extra £10 charge for travel from my home address of 30 minutes or more.
The cancellation policy is that the full fee is payable if cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the lesson. otherwise there is no charge.
MMus - from the Royal College of Music (Distinction)
BMus - from the Royal College of Music (First Class Hons)
DipABRSM - Trombone
Grade 8 - Trombone
• Private brass teaching – all levels, 2012 - present
• Jessop Primary School, Herne Hill, London – Resident trumpet teacher, 2015 - 2017
• West Cork Music – Outreach with London Chamber Brass, 2014-2018
• Old Dirty Brasstards – Outreach, 2014-present
• Dyfed Young Composers – Riverside Brass as Quintet in Residence, 2014-2015
• London Music Centre brass teacher - 2013-2014
• East Dulwich Academy of Music and Performing Arts – deputy brass teacher - 2014
• Brent Music Service - outreach workshops - 2014
• Royal Opera House education workshops for ‘Family Days’ - 2014
• Westminster Music Service – Outreach in London schools with Riverside Brass - 2012
• NYO Elastic Band (Outreach in schools) - 2008
Pop and Commercial
• Muse, Bastille, Paloma Faith, Lorde, Harry Connick Jr, Sir Tom Jones, Michael Bublé, The Staves, Sir Robin Gibb, Rod Stewart, Alfie Boe, Public Service Broadcasting, The Hoosiers, Newton Faulkner, The Barr Brothers, The Walkmen, Old Dirty Brasstards, Hugh Padgham, Russell Watson, Oompah Brass, and Professor Penguin.
• Commercial sessions at: Abbey Road, Air Lyndhurst Studios, BBC Maida Vale, and Angel Studios.
Orchestral Trials and Freelancing
• BBC Concert Orchestra – Trial for Principal Trombone, 2017
• Royal Opera House of Covent Garden – Trial for Sub-Principal Trombone, 2013-2015
• BBC National Orchestra of Wales – Trial for 2nd Trombone, 2012-2013
• BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra – Trial for 2nd Trombone, 2012-2013
• Ulster Orchestra – Trial for Principal Trombone (No.2) 2011-2012
Other Freelance Orchestral
• English National Opera
• Royal Philharmonic Orchestra*
• Royal Liverpool Philarmonic Orchestra*
• Opera North
• The St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre*
• Sinfonia Cymru*
• Stavanger Symfoniorkester*
• Tonkünstler-Orchesters Niederösterreich
• Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra*
• Aurora Orchestra
• London Contemporary Orchestra
Theatre and Musicals
• Follies – National Theatre, London – 2019
• Evita – Regents Park Open Air Theatre – 2019
• Sweet Charity – Donmar - 2019
• Strictly Ballroom the Musical – Piccadilly Theatre, London – 2018
• Bat Out of Hell – London Coliseum run and Manchester Opera House run – 2017
• Show Boat – London’s West End run and Crucible Theatre, Sheffield run – 2015-2016.
• Tiger Bay – Wales Millennium Centre – 2017.
• The Thursford Christmas Spectacular – 2015, deputy in 2013 and 2014).
• Shakespeare’s Globe – Macbeth (2020), Richard II (2015), Othello (2015), Romeo and Juliet (2013)
• Deputy trombone on West End and/or touring productions of:
o Aladdin, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, Young Frankenstein, Matilda, Annie, Anything Goes, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Bugsy Malone.
Solo and Chamber
• Riverside Brass – Founding Member
• London Chamber Brass – Founding Member.
• Slide Project – International Trombone Association ‘Quartet Finalists’ in New York.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trumpet lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trombone lessons for all!
Taking euphonium lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|