I can work with people of all levels from graduates to senior professionals. I take a very tailored approach to coaching, it's all about providing individual solutions to help you develop and achieve your personal and professional goals. Coaching is a partnership where I will provide all the support and guidance required and help to hold you accountable and keep you on track to meet your goals.
I am a highly experienced and capable trainer and coach with 12+ years experience in corporate and professional learning and development.
I have designed, developed and delivered high quality and high impact training and coaching sessions across a variety of subject matters including Interviewing Skills, Presentation Skills, Sales training, Leadership & Management, Team Collaboration, Technical training, Salesforce training, Customer Service, Retail, and many more. Please view my LinkedIn profile for my full experience.
I am a qualified professional coach and qualified insights discovery practitioner (psychometric/personality style based development).
Please note extra charges may apply for travel exceeding 30 minutes
Insights Discovery Client Practitioner, 2016
Psychometric profiling and coaching for employees, management & teams. (concealed information)
University College London, 2003 - 2006
BSc. (Hons) Pharmacology – Classification 2:1
The John Lyon School, Harrow, 2001-2003
A Levels - Computing, Chemistry, Biology (A, B, B)
Harrow High School, 1999-2001
10 GCSE’s including Higher Maths and English Literature/Language (A*-B).
Equitimax Insiders Circle, London
Education Franchise for a foreign exchange (forex) trading company
Franchise Owner Oct ‘16 – Apr ‘18
- Providing a full end to end training programme to help people become successful forex traders
- Trained and mentored by an industry top forex trader with over 25 years’ experience
- Live trading using a variable crossover, breakout and hedging strategies to build deep understanding and experience of the subject matter
- Marketing and managing customer CRM of training clients
- Delivering online demonstrations to potential clients
- Delivering full programme of 1 to 1 training to clients via virtual classroom
- Coaching and mentoring clients along their learning journey
Onefinestay, London Head Office
Start-up/SME providing luxury home shares with 5* hotel quality service
Head of Learning, Culture & Comms Mar ‘16 – Sep ‘16
- Expanded role to include wider business culture and communications agenda
- Driving employee engagement and wellbeing through events, and strategic communications
- Driving the culture strategy, defining the organisational vision and values to precipitate into all root processes and policies
Head of Learning & Development Oct ’15 – Mar ‘16
- Setting up the global L&D function, building the infrastructure and setting the global strategy for the organisation
- Scoping top priority learning requirements in conjunction with leadership, running training needs analysis and metric analytics
- Design, Development and Delivery of key strategic learning programmes including management & leadership development, sales training, service training, technical (salesforce) training and interview skills training
- Sourcing, tendering and implementation of global learning collaboration platform
- Curated a suite of blended learning programmes aligned to business priorities
- Providing bespoke and tailored coaching sessions to employees, managers, leaders and teams, leveraging Insights Discovery psychometric profiling where appropriate to improve effectiveness and performance
- Drive a culture of learning and collaboration through strategic comms and internal events
- Managed the performance appraisal and personal development plan strategy
Burberry Ltd, London Head Office
British luxury fashion house
Customer Experience & People Development Manager Apr ’13 – Sep’15
- Working as a senior member of the global customer service operations team of nine, providing strategic and operational leadership to four regional customer service contact centres in London, New York, Hong Kong and Shanghai, enhancing the customer experience journey for Burberry
- Responsible for three main areas including global training and development, customer experience journey and respective quality assessment, recruitment, attraction and talent assessment
- Overhauled the L&D structure for the Customer Service department, implementing a new strategy to enhance and embed a strong learning culture
- Co-Managing and developing three regional trainers and a training developer
- Responsible for the end to end design, development, delivery and evaluation of a range of interventions including Technical, Process, Policy, Product, Soft Skills, and Management Development training
- Setting objectives, reviewing performance and developing learning and development capabilities within the team
- Working closely with regional Senior Managers and the VP Customer Service to communicate and implement global training priorities
- End to end ownership of global training programmes including the implementation of a new customer interaction platform (Salesforce Service Cloud), our Social Media programme, a Global Sales Training programme and Advanced Customer Management Programme
- Designed and delivered the framework for a 3 month New Hire Induction programme
- Proactively reviewed and overhauled the entire end to end Quality Assessment and Internal Coaching and Development process for the contact centres, significantly increasing the quality of service provided to customers
- Tendering, integrating and managing a new supplier to enhance our quality assessment and coaching processes
- Re-designed and owned the end to end recruitment and assessment process
- Designed a robust assessment centre, responsible for delivering monthly assessment centres for 8-12 candidates to build a talent pipeline
- Implemented an effective and successful talent-pooling process, reducing average recruitment time from 4 months to 4 weeks
- Proactive ownership of ad hoc initiatives and projects to support the success of the customer service department
- Designed and implemented a global capability framework for the customer service consultants
- Hands on involvement in complex projects and initiatives, having a deep understanding of the inner workings of the contact centres, while applying a strong commercial knowledge of the wider business
Diageo Plc, London Jun ‘08 – Mar ‘13
World's leading premium drinks business, global organisation with c. 23,000 employees.
Training & Engagement Manager Jul ‘12 – Mar ‘13
- Working as part of a global project team of 23 employees
- Managing the design, development and delivery of a suite of blended learning solutions to embed significant financial systems and process changes for a global audience of finance professionals
- Developing a robust learning design, delivery and measurement strategy and plan
- Carrying out in depth training needs analysis to determine training audiences, current capability levels and training requirements
- Working with key work stream SME’s to design and develop high quality training materials
- Focusing on instructional design, creating a range of learning materials including virtual classroom (webex) modules, software demonstrations and simulations, training videos, FAQ’s, help cards and eLearning modules (Adobe Captivate 5.0, Adobe Photoshop)
- Applying creative graphic design skills to produce engaging training materials, logos, branding and styling (Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Powerpoint)
- Ensuring training plans adhere to strict and ever changing project deadlines
- Learning and understanding financial reporting methods in Diageo in order to write effective communications on process and system changes
- Running regular engagement sessions to maintain and build key stakeholder relationships
- Training local facilitators to deliver content in their regions, as well as delivering content directly to markets where required, using virtual classroom technology
- Periodic reviews of all training materials to ensure continued relevance
- Delivered over 50 training sessions in the space of 3 months, covering an audience of c.600 employees of all levels
- Achieved excellent ratings (4.4/5) for the training sessions I developed and delivered
Training & Communications Specialist (Secondment) Nov ‘11 – Jun ‘12
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of all learning requirements for a global project, GT Express, set up to implement a new HR process in 20 European and Asia Pacific markets globally
- Developing a robust learning design, delivery and measurement strategy
- Carrying out training needs analysis to determine current capability levels and training requirements
- Creating innovative and engaging blended learning solutions to achieve a highly successful implementation of the new global processes
- Focused on Instructional Design, developing a full training programme as well as supplementary materials including a full user guide, help cards, FAQ’s and refresher visuals
- Designing and developing a full eLearning solution for long term maintenance of market capability (Adobe Captivate 5.0, Adobe Photoshop)
- Using cutting edge virtual classroom technology, Adobe Connect, to develop and deliver training
- Designing measurement and assessment processes to determine business readiness and training quality
- Developing a strong support framework to ensure learning is fully embedded and maintained long term
- Managing a wide range of key stakeholders of all levels, building relationships through regular communications and engagement sessions
- Manage the communications agenda for the project
- Developing and delivering a strong communications framework and stakeholder engagement approach to ensure the project objectives are actively supported by the business
- Received an ‘Excellent’ rating for the suite of training materials I developed and delivered
- Through implementing the eLearning module myself, saved the project £4000 of external supplier costs
- Played an active role on Diageo’s Diversity & Equality agenda, working with Stonewall to improve our Workplace Equality Index score, negotiating changes in internal policy and organising diversity events to boost internal awareness as well as improving diversity on Diageo’s commercial agenda
Training & Development Officer Jul ‘09 – Nov ‘10
- Working as part of a functional capability development team of nine called the Keep Learning team, responsible for the training and development requirements for Diageo’s finance community of c.2300 employees.
- Managing the delivery of all learning interventions and tools developed by the team, including delivery strategy, planning and execution of logistics, tracking and monitoring of delivery progress, measurement and evaluation of course outcomes and analysis and reporting on all programmes.
- Responsible for communications and engagement activities for all global programmes.
- Management of Diageo’s global capability assessment tool (CAT) and the global LMS Diageo Academy.
- Managing the delivery budget (c£400k), responsible for monthly reconciliations and accruals.
- Managing purchase orders for delivery and all learning procurement processes.
- Senior stakeholder relationship management with learning lead, regional directors, senior facilitators and course sponsors.
- Liaising with external suppliers in the design, development and delivery of course materials, and managing technology issues/requirements.
- Management of internal website content and structure.
- Designing, Developing and Delivering new technology training to finance employees.
- Proactively developed and implemented existing processes for our global programmes.
- Project lead on flagship programme annual content review and redesign process.
- Orchestration/delivery of 40 Financial Director level virtual training sessions globally, run on new Adobe Connect software, receiving an award for my performance.
HR Assistant Jan ‘09 – Jun ‘09
- Supporting two HR Business partners and one HR Director in providing a full spectrum of HR support to four global business functions including Marketing, Innovation, Legal and Company Secretariat
- Complex diary management and coordination for the team
- Succession planning data structuring, analysis and reporting
- Management and ownership of functional organisation charts
- Managing the engagement and roll out of a global diversity and inclusion based training intervention
- Supporting the implementation of Diageo’s annual global Values survey
- Supporting the restructure process of the business, managing and reporting on redundancy and severance data
- Working with SAP to manage people data and local CRM databases
(Managed move internally due to restructure)
Resourcing Coordinator (6 Month FTC) Aug ‘08 – Dec ‘08
- Managing all logistics for candidate interviews and feedback sessions
- Organising and coordinating assessment centres
- Managing the internal career site and acting as an e-Resourcing Super-user
- Maintaining strong relationships with internal hiring managers, candidates and external recruitment providers
- Designing and running training sessions on systems and current processes for new and existing employees
Resourcing Assistant (Temporary) Jun ‘08 – Jul ‘08
- Administrative support for the talent pipeline specialist on recruitment projects, creating a talent pipeline database from existing global talent pools
- Liaising with internal stakeholders globally with regards to gathering talent pool information, updating and maintaining candidate information
Morgan McKinley, London Jul ‘07 – Apr ‘08
Leading specialist Financial Services recruitment consultancy, with clients including top tier investment banks.
- Managing the end to end recruitment process for HR professionals of all levels into the Financial Services sector
- Writing job adverts, sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates
- New business development and client relationship management
- Negotiating PSL agreements and/or fee conditions
- Training and development of junior and new employees
Reason for leaving: Redundancy due to team downsizing
Hydrogen Group Jun ‘06 – Jan ‘07
Cross-industry Recruitment consultancy
Trainee HR Recruitment Consultant
- Proactively sourcing top HR Professionals through headhunting, networking and advertising for Financial Services clients including Investment Banks
- Writing adverts, screening and Interviewing candidates
- New business development and client relationship management
Outward Bound, Zimbabwe. 1998
Young Musician Of The Year, Harrow. 1999
Outward Bound, Scotland. 2001
Young Enterprise, London. 2002
Diageo ‘Managing Inclusively’ Trainer Certification 2009
Diageo CFO Orchestrator Excellence Award 2011
Diageo Diversity Champion 2011/2012
Burberry Foundation Presentation, City Year 2014
Burberry Icon Award Nominee 2015
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|