I suggest is we do an initial assessment lesson to find out where you are at and what your goals are, and we can work from there. I personally prefer to do vocal lessons one to one, and for an hour, as you will get more of an advantage out of it and more for your money. Plus I feel that if you are to travel to me or me to you, and then we only have half an hour, then we set up etc, it is a bit pointless. So with an hours lesson I feel we can achieve much more. However, I am not apposed to doing group lessons, or if someone prefers to split the bill and bring a friend along, just enquire for further detail on this. I am willing to do half hour lessons if you come to me, but I am not able to hire a room or travel for this.
Things we are able to work on in our lessons:
- Vocal technique and exercises.
- Work on a wide range of musical styles.
- Confidence and performance.
- Spanish pronunciation.
- Basic use of Logic recording program, and advice on recording your own vocal.
- Go through the basic knowledge of music theory.
- Music business.
I am a qualified and experienced singer-songwriter and vocal coach, with years of experience performing and teaching privately. I have been training in the arts and performing in both Spain and the UK since I was young, and have always aimed at the goal of being in the entertainment business, as well as passing my knowledge on to up and coming performers. I have trained in singing, dance & acting, but have always strived to specialize in music, and as a result of this I chose to do my degree in that. I have recently graduated with a BMUS (Hons) degree in music (specializing in vocals) from the University of West London, where I met and formed my function band “Party Junxtion” that I have been the lead singer and band manager of for over 4 years.
I am currently in the process of recording my own album, which I have written all the lyrics and melodies for, and aim to produce and pitch my other songs to pitch to other artists.
I am organized, energetic and a highly motivated tutor & performer, and love to see what my students have to deliver and help find new ways to help them evolve. I am Bilingual in Spanish & English and am able to sing and teach in both languages.
Due to my current position managing a band, I have learnt a great deal about running a business, which has enabled me to learn a great deal about business, customer service, accounting & marketing, which I hope to continue expanding my skills & knowledge on even more.
I have always done teaching on the side of my studies and performing, and aim to continue doing this, as I love being able to share my knowledge and experience with others, helping them to improve and find their voice. I am able to work on a range of different styles and techniques with you. So what I suggest is we do an initial assessment lesson to find out where you are at and what your goals are, and we can work from there.
I am organised, energetic and a highly motivated tutor & performer. I have been training in the arts and performing in both Spain and the UK since I was young, and have always aimed at the goal of being in the entertainment business, as well as passing my knowledge on to up and coming performers. I have trained in singing, dance & acting, but have always strived to specialise in music, and as a result of this I chose to do my degree in that. I am Bilingual in Spanish & English and am able to sing and teach in both. I have completed various music qualifications as well as teaching courses, and have years of experience in management roles. This has taught me how to delegation and run a team efficiently, as well a making me responsibly for the training and development of staff. So I have a great deal of experience with training people adequately, as well as being able to take charge of a group. Due to my current position managing a band, I have learnt a great deal about running a business, which has enabled to learn a great deal about business, customer service, accounting & marketing, which I hope to continue expanding my skills & knowledge on even more. I have taught private singing lesson on the side of my studies, and wish to expand my student list now that I have completed these qualifications.
2014- 2018 BMUS (Hons) Degree in Popular Music Performance (Vocals) – University of West London. 2014 -2015 TEFL Teaching Certificate – Online.
2013 -2014 BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Performing Arts – Lambeth College, Clapham.
2010 -2011 Performing Arts Course - ESAEM, Málaga.
2009 -2010 Performing Arts Foundation Course - ESAEM, Málaga.
2009 -2010 Vocal and singing lessons and recording - Bahia Records, Málaga. 2008 -2012 Vocal and singing lessons and recording - Escuela de Musica, Alora. 2005 -2009 ESO (GCSE Equivalente) - I E S Las Flores Alora, Spain.
Lead Vocalist & Band Manager
Function Band Party Junxtion/Party Dreams 2015 - To Date
• Managing rehearsals, meetings, bookings and auditions.
• Delegating and organising the running order of the event, ensuring everyone is well informed
and for the event to run adequately.
• Preparing the bands set list, and ensuring all band members are well disciplined and up to
date with the events requirements.
• Pushing sales with encouraging the clients to up grade our service, by adding on additional
• Managing the phone, emails, bookings, band dairy, band account, invoices and finances.
• Managing and marketing the bands social media pages & website.
• Performing regularly as both an acoustic duo and as a full band across numerous venues
across London (including The Waldorf Hilton), as well as for countless functions and events
across the country.
• We get regular work through one of the top UK agencies “Alive Network” under our agency
name “Party Dreams”. We have also filmed professional promo with them.
Private Vocal Tutor: London Jan 2015 – To Date
• Private vocal tutor for all levels and ages.
• Prepare a lesson for the specified area they need to work on.
• Assist and correct the student’s technique when and whenever required.
• Teach them more about music theory, music styles & upgrade their general music knowledge.
Hotel Entertainer & Kids Club Organizer for 5 Star Hotels: Gran Castillo y Papagayo in Lanzarote and Insotel in Menorca (Spain)
April - Dec 2011
• Responsible for the children in the Mini-Club, which included organising and joining in with the daily activities.
• Performed nightly the night shows, hosted the mini-disco, along with the Karaoke, bingo and the front of house promoting.
Additional skills and interests:
• English (Native)
• Spanish (Bilingual)
• Basic piano skills
• Full UK Driving licence
• Business, admin & accounting
• Computer skills (Excel, Word, email, Logic Pro X, Vocal recording).
• Regularly performing in venues all across London and for functions around the country.
Additional job roles:
• Bar & Restaurant management
• Reception work
• Modelling & Extra work
Tara's lessons are well thought out and easy to follow. I came to her with no singing experience and within an hour she had me projecting my voice to levels I didn't think I could do. Fantastic teacher that I reccomend to singers of any level and genre
Tara is a great tutor, after only having a couple lessons with her already, she has really improved my voice and vocal range
Tara is an experienced, patient and encouraging singer and teacher. I’ve worked with her before at a number of gigs and she’s always very professional and performs her best. As a teacher she really helped me with my nerves and technique, it was a really comfortable and informative Lesson. Would recommend.
Tara’s been helping me to gain control over my voice and she taught me how to proper belt without hurting my vocal chords. She also recommended songs that are fit for my vocal range and she’s very patient when it comes to explaining and practising. I can highly recommend her if you want to learn how to sing the best way possible.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|