Playing in a number of live venues teaches you that everyone has their own style and no one is ever bad at playing they just haven't found their style yet. The best feeling to have when playing music is confidence. I believe everyone can achieve this with nothing but enthusiasm and a little bit of practice.
While practice is important, maintaining a sense of fun and enjoyment throughout the process of learning is the key to a great musician. Only when you enjoy to play will you become the best musician you can.
I am a friendly young musician who loves to pass on my musical knowledge to beginners of all ages. If you have ever thought about picking up an instrument but never found the time or effort then maybe now is the time to find an approachable, down to earth tutor who can help you take the first steps. I have been playing music since a very young age. Coming from a musical family I grew up surrounded by instruments and playing in a fun casual environment became like second nature to me. I started playing the drums at 8 and completed all rock school drum grades with distinction by age 13. I then went on to learn several other instruments including piano, guitar and bass. More than any one genre I love to play new things I've never tried before and attempt to master them as quickly as possible. This has allowed me to expand my music knowledge beyond the conventional teaching syllabus. I am comfortably proficient in many styles of music ranging from rock drumming to classical piano playing. I have played many gigs in and around Bristol and I'm currently drumming in the cover band 'The Soul Destroyers'.
BSc Creative Music Technology (2:2)
University of West of England – Bristol (2017 to 2020)
FdSc Physics in Physics
Swansea University – Swansea (2014 to 2016)
A levels in Maths, Physics and Music Technology
Prior Park College – Bath (2007 to 2014)
Music Teacher, 16-25 Independent People, Easton (2019 - lockdown)
Providing 1-to-1 piano and music theory lessons to disadvantaged or vulnerable young people. Nurturing confidence through the development of new skills in an informal, encouraging environment.
Freelance Drummer for Regular Live Gigs & Studio (2018 – lockdown)
• Competent in all styles of music from the classics – rock and soul - through to world music
• Covering the South West - Bristol, Bath, Cheltenham, Cardiff
• Own car and fully-outfitted, high quality drum kit, keyboard, guitar and bass
• Venues: The Stable, The Fleece, Bristol Flyer, Blue Lagoon, Kiwis, Birkett Tap and many more
• Events: Phoenix Festival, Ashton Gate, Cheltenham Music Festival, private charity events
• Studio: Album recording for the Bristol based Underdog Club band
Events Crew, Tarren Events, Cheltenham (2018 – lockdown)
Versatile support for a variety of music events – lots of different jobs at lots of different venues. This work involves prep in the warehouse, moving and preparing musical and non-musical equipment, bar work and hospitality, sound and lighting, stewarding and pack up.
Sales Agent, The Consumer Helpline, Swansea (2016)
Duties involved contacting potential customers to switch their energy supply, on behalf of client Spark. This role required fast learning, tenacity and adaptability in a fast paced, and thriving in a highly stressful environment.
• Composition – competent in all styles, majored in orchestral cinematic compositions and theme music.
• Fully competent live sound engineer and music technician in a studio environment
• High level of interpersonal skills – comfortable with all people from all walks of life
• Grade 8 Drums, as well as strong ability in piano, guitar and bass
• Well versed in fmod studio and all popular DAWs
• Fully trained in reading and writing musical notation
• Full and clean UK driving license
• Emergency First Response trained
• Advanced Open Water SCUBA Diver
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music early learning activities - for children lessons for all!
Taking musical education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£28||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£25||£300|