My teaching style is very much flexible to the individual, prescribing exercises to specific vocal development and tailoring pieces to individual interests to maintain engagement throughout the learning process. My teaching style is very much flexible to the individual, prescribing exercises most beneficial to specific vocal development and tailoring pieces to individual interests, ensuring that lessons provide a safe and open environment for self-expression and development.
I am a professional soprano and singing teacher. I have been giving lessons for over 5 years and have taught around 25 students, all receiving top grades in their exams.
I have sung professionally for over 10 years, both as a soloist and as part of ensembles in concert, art song, and operatic repertoire.
Relevant Employment / Experience: -
Peripatetic Vocal Teacher Sydney Russell School Sept 2020 -
- Preparing students for their performance examinations, both solo and ensemble performances in individual lessons.
- Taking weekly Barbershop Ensemble rehearsals.
- Taking weekly Years 1, 2 & 3 classroom music lessons / workshops.
- Assisting with senior school MISST classes, teaching beginner violin and flute.
Private Singing Teacher 2018 -
- Teaching singing students of school-age through to adults on an individual basis, both in-person
- Tutoring with various specific goals, whether personal or examinations.
Operations Manager Music Students for Hire Aug 2019 – Oct 2020
- Responsible for the operational administration of 600+ events per year for a company with a £200k+ annual turnover, dealing with weddings, corporate and private events such as: London Fashion Week, The House of Lords, The Royal Variety Performance After-Show Party and Booths Supermarket Chain - Mother's Day & Christmas Book Launch events (across 20 stores in North-West England).
- Producing weekly company KPIs; acting as first point of contact for musicians and clients (both in and out of office hours); payments and invoicing, in addition to the below.
Bookings Executive Jan - Aug 2019
- Administration of enquiries & bookings; sourcing musicians & repertoire managing company
social media posts (Instagram & Facebook); writing regular blog posts and website maintenance.
Singer Volunteer Singing for the Brain, Hackney Oct Dec 2019
- Assisting workshop leaders in leading group exercises and songs and encouraging participation,
- Performing as a soloist for the groups.
Inspire Internship Opera Holland Park June - July 2018
- Managed workshops for schools, a home-schooled group and OperaUNITY (for families with young children).
- Assisted with workshops, events organisation, set up and administration.
- Assisted with rehearsal, set up and administration for The Hope for Grenfell Memorial Gala.
- Assisted with mini concerts for St Cuthbert’s Centre (a drop-in centre for vulnerable people),
AgeUK (a charity working with older people) and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
- Office experience: raising purchase orders, creating crib sheets, liaising with schools and
facilitators in organisation of workshops, creating and compiling workshop and Schools’
Matinée feedback forms, logging expenses and recording concert ticketing information.
Committee Member Manchester University Music Society 2016 – 2017
- Organised the society’s Grade-1-athon Charity event (musicians sponsored to learn a new instrument and perform), raising £2,577.86, and assisting society publicity.
- Organised and timetabled two days of exams, liaised with exam board and distributed certificates and feedback for approx. 40 participants.
- Sourced and distributed orchestral parts, organised rehearsal and concert, delivered speech about Oxfam fundraising.
Assistant Choral Teacher RSNO Junior Chorus 2010 - 2014
- Supervising and assisting the younger choirs’ rehearsals and break time on a weekly basis.
- Helping the children learn new music and assisting in discipline during rehearsals.
• Ushering and supervising children around Glasgow Royal Concert Hall on concert days.
2017-18 Royal Northern College of Music Postgraduate Associate Student Scheme – Voice
2017 University of Manchester BMus(Hons) Music: First Class (Including modules
in Italian and Russian)
2014 SQA Advanced Higher Music A; Classical Studies A; English B
(A Level equivalent)
2013 SQA Higher English A; Music A; Human Biology A; Latin A;
(AS Level equivalent) French A
Professional Training / Qualifications: -
DBS Enhanced Certificate Total CRB Disclosure Service LTD 2020
Child Protection Fundamentals 2020
Safeguarding Young People 2020
Safeguarding Adults 2020
Raising Awareness for Trafficking and Modern Slavery 2020
A Practical Guide to the GDPR 2020
Additional Skills: -
Languages: French, Italian, Russian, Latin, Basic German, (& International
IT: Microsoft Office, Sibelius, Dropbox, Google Sheets, Tessitura,
Overture, Zoho, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Skype and Zoom.
NYCoS Chamber Choir Christmas Watch Night Service: BBC Scotland 2014
BBC Proms: National Youth Choir of Scotland
ATCL Diploma with Distinction (Trumpet)
ABRSM Grade 8 with Distinction (Singing)
National Youth Choir of Scotland
BBC Proms: National Youth Orchestra of Scotland
BBC Proms: Royal Scottish National Orchestra Chorus
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocal coaching lessons for all!
Taking opera singing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|