I believe in helping every one of my students in discovering their creativity and imagination, as well as achieving the highest standard of technique that will help them be able to express themselves musically and not only. Students should be encouraged to strive for their best results, and so I encourage exams and competitions as well as performing recitals and concerts. I believe music can help anyone develop as a human being, gifting us with the tools we need to succeed in life.
I am an international violinist, working as a professional in orchestras( LPO, Philharmonia, RNS, RSNO), chamber groups and schools in London, UK for 10 years. I have been teaching for 14 years and my students have gone on to receive highest scores in grades of all levels( ABRSM).
I have studied music in Romania at “Sigismund Toduta” Music College and the prestigious Royal College of Music London.
I have a 24h cancellation policy.
• London Philharmonic Orchestra 2nd Violin Tutti Trial
Philharmonia Orchestra 2nd Violin Tutti Trial
• Royal National Scottish Orchestra 1st and 2nd Violin Tutti Trial, Assistant principal 2nd violin, no.3 Trial
• Manchester Camerata Violin tutti Trial
• Royal Northern Sinfonia Principal and Subprincipal 2nd Violin Trial, 2nd violin Extra
• London Philharmonic Orchestra – 1st Violin Extra
• Royal Liverpool Philharmonic- 1st violin tutti Trial
• Welsh National Opera – 1st violin rank & file Trial
• Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra Violin Extra
• Southbank Sinfonia
• Sinfonia Cymru
• Little Orchestra
• Side by side Royal Opera House
• Side by side Academy of St. Martins in the Fields
• Ensemble Orquesta - Leader
• Multi-Story Orchestra
• National Film and Television School
• Orpheus Sinfonia
• Adoramus Orchestra
Camerata Romanica (Romania) 2nd violin Principal
• Sibiu State Philharmonic Orchestra (Romania)
• The Forna (ex Sattler Quartet) - 1st Violin and Co-founder
o King’s Place
o Cadogan Hall
o St. James’ Piccadilly
o RCM Parry Rooms
o Romanian Cultural Institute
o St Botolph-without-Aldgate
o St Martin-in-the-Fields
o Clarendon Hall
o St Dunstan-in-the-West
o St John’s Church, Hampstead
o St Mary Abbott’s Church
o St Paul’s Church Finchley
o St John’s Smith Square
• Wigmore Hall String Quartet Masterclass at the Royal Academy of Music and String Quartet Weekend, Manchester
• Sacconi Festival
• Sonoro Festival
Education and Outreach
• Chipping Campden Youth Orchestra, orchestral mentor, Director: Thomas Hull and Ruth Rogers
• Marryat Players, Wimbledon, (concealed information) Director: Robert Max and Leandro Silveira
• West London Free School Primary Violin and piano teacher
Tri-Borough Classroom Instrumental; Support Programme - FIFTHS
• Brentfield Primary School Project; RCM Sparks Project & Primary school classroom teaching
Concertos - Auditorium Maximum (Cluj, Romania)
• Saint-Saens Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
• Saint-Saens Havanaise
• Mendelssohn Violin Concerto E minor
Prizes and Awards
• Leverhulme Postgraduate Studentship 2014-2015
• St Marylebone Educational Foundation Award 2014-2015
• Stephen Bell Charitable Trust Award 2014-2015
• Romanian National Arts Competition, Music - 1st Prize ( 2002-2010)
• “Virtuosity Diploma” at National Competition “Orange - A new Enescu is wanted”, Bucharest (2007, 2009)
• International Johannes Brahms Competition – participant 2011
• Royal College of Music: BMus(hons) First Class Honors 2010-2014
• ‘Sigismund Toduta’ Music College, Cluj, Romania 1998-2010
Professors: Berent Korfker 2012- 2014, Yossi Zivoni 2010- 2012
Masterclasses: Leonid Kerbel · Richard Ireland · Alexander Sitkovetski · Adelina Oprean Alexander Gavrilovici · Karel Boeschoten · Stefan Gheorghiu · Vasko Vassilev · Belcea Quartet · Chilingirian Quartet · Fine Arts Quartet · Vogler Quartet- Miguel da Silva- Cristoph Richter- Pacalin Zef Pavaci
I think Ioana is really really patient when it comes to giving all of her attention to her students, always keeping her enthusiasm for discovering new ways of teaching. She is spontaneous when a quick solution is needed for her students' problems, also, she can teach in a really professional manner, with an atitude that helps the student not only form his/her musical skills, but also his/her social professional skills as well. I gladly recommend Ioana because of her high level of teaching accompanied by an infinite passion for the art of music.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, violin lessons for all!
Taking viola lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|