In my degree I was taught about the best learning techniques and which methods best suit different learning styles. Due to this I am very focused on adapting tutoring, so it fits your needs. The best results are achieved not by working longer but by working smarter.
I have been tutoring for two years now, teaching a variety of subjects but mostly focusing on Art and Photography and Psychology. I recently graduated from Cardiff University with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and I have A-levels in Photography, Geography, Law and Biology so my knowledge of the exam process is varied across many subjects. I have lots of experience with Photoshop and both digital and film cameras.
Hard working Psychology Graduate, excited about gaining experience in the legal sector. I am dedicated to all roles I am involved in, effectively and efficiently managing challenges and continually working on self-development to provide expectation-exceeding work.
06/2019 to Current Social Secretary
Cardiff Ice Skating Club – Cardiff, Glamorgan
As the social secretary for my university ice skating group, I oversaw all promotional materials and media outreach for our 90-person group. I also organised all socials and fundraising events, negotiating with sponsors and venues. Last year, that translated into a 9% increase in club clothing sales and 12% increase in ball and fundraiser ticket sales over the previous season. I have grown our web and social media presence substantially, and we have seen a 47% increase in Facebook and 24% in our Instagram followership.
05/2020 to Current Online Tutor
Independent – Trowbridge, Wiltshire
• Helped students achieve 100% in coursework and improved pupils overall grades.
• Utilised technology in tutoring sessions to diversify and enhance learning.
• Answered emails and telephone calls to provide quick assistance.
• Devised unique lessons to fit individual needs in skill building and full instruction on each subject.
• Helped students with subject knowledge as well as general abilities in learning, studying and retaining information.
• Identified and removed obstacles keeping students from learning, helping to effectively complete homework tasks on time.
06/2019 to 09/2019 Receptionist
AWW – Bristol, Gloucestershire
• Arranged and coordinated meetings.
• Delivered exceptional, friendly and fast service to up to 300 callers per shift.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Advanced research skills
• Contract negotiation skills
• Superior written skills
• Decision making
• Data collection and analysis
• Prioritisation and time management
2020 Bachelor of Science: Psychology
Cardiff University - Cardiff
Katie tutored me in psychology, she was so so helpful and never minded answering all my questions. I really used to struggle with structuring my essays but she made it clear. She always prepared a PowerPoint or other materials before the lesson which made everything easy and clear to understand!
Katie is a fantastic tutor. She’s always very patient, polite and friendly. She really helped me with my grades when I started struggling and I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants help!
Katie is a brilliant tutor! She explains even the most difficult concepts clearly, she is always happy to help and is really invested in her pupils. She took me from a B to an A* grade which helped me get into my top uni. I couldn't recommend her more she is amazing!
Katie is an excellent tutor, she tutored me during my Photography A-level and took me from a B to an A*. She is brilliant, really supportive and patient!
photography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portrait photography lessons for all!
Taking film photography lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|