As a recent university student, I know the pressures that come with it and what is expected in exams, coursework, and dissertations.
I aim to create a fun, happy environment first and foremost and find that talking through each component allows the student to actively think and act on the past papers given to them as potential homework.
I have offered tuition to students in various branches of psychology ranging from approaches to social across higher to masters levels. I support my students every step of the way and ensure they do the best they possibly can.
I have over 50 hours of taught experience both online and in-person
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Strathclyde. BA (Hons.) Psychology 2012 - 2016. Class 2.2
Advanced Psychological Theory and Practice 60%
Research Methods 59%
Final-year dissertation: Binding: The Role of Working Memory. This involved the creation and utilisation of a colour-shape paradigm. This paradigm was designed to measure binding within working memory. This dissertation was awarded a grade of 56% (Second Class).
Key attributes gained
Time-Management – Handling the smooth operation of each computer programme alongside every participant within the designated timeframe; fulfilling any rules and guidelines which had to be achieved throughout the year
Computer Skills – Ability to produce and execute tasks through desired software; as well as the knowledge to analyse statistics and present them appropriately; furthermore, achieve APA standardised referencing
Experience – Primarily, undertaking the role of being a researcher and communicating with adults aged 18-65 to aid in the advancement of current psychology
On the 18th of September, I began my enrolment on a Masters in Brain Sciences at the University of Glasgow. Throughout this course, I gained a wealth of knowledge and delved into experiences which further enhanced my passion for psychological and physiological matters. Also, I helped tutor younger students and aid in their paths to success through being a digital ambassador.
University of Glasgow. MSc Brain Sciences 2017-2018 (Merit)
In Vivo Neuroscience A5
Current Research A4
Brain Imaging B2
R Statistics B2
Project: Systematic Review and Meta-Analyses of lithium usage in individuals diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. This involved systematically reviewing structural MRI data and meta-analysing peak foci investigating the grey matter regions associated with lithium usage in various contrasts. This project was awarded a grade of B2 overall.
Key attributes gained
Knowledge - Comprehensive understanding of the biological underpinnings of bipolar disorder and possible alterations occurred through lithium treatment
Computer Skills – Collating and examining structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging data through BrainMap’s GingerALE package, as well as the ability to write and solve coding using R
Research experience – Through liaising with other leading researchers in meetings and social interactions, I earned invaluable experience of the necessary processes of the current field of psychology
Tutorful, April 2019 to date
• Assisted multiple students with their work ranging from 2nd year – MSc level across various subjects including Psychology, Neuroscience and English
• Provided emotional support to my students if necessary as a happy student who trusts you is key to success
• Communicated various teaching mechanisms through online and in-person lessons
• Created a growing pool of students who have left fulfilled with their achievements
Iceland Foods, September 2015 to date
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment to an exemplary standard
• Supervise new staff members and offer them support and guidance throughout their careers
• Handle large financial situations within the workplace
• Control the importing and exporting of products
Solo Convenience, 2012-2015
• Maintenance of store guidelines and the overseeing of other staff members
• Control of financial matters concerning the store
• Display of excellent customer service
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Modulator for multiple twitch communities
• A competitive gamer at an e-sports level
• Regularly participate in an array of sports
• Computing Skills: Word, MS Access, Excel, OBS, SPSS, E-Prime, R, BrainMap
• SFA Coaching Badges Level 3
• Awarded Anne Mary McPake Shield for Endeavour
• Limited understanding of both Spanish and French. Also, I have recently started to learn Korean
• UofG Digital Ambassador – Provide help to prospective students through answering their questions and aiding in any queries they may have
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£200|