Bonjour! My name is Anne and I am ready to help you to learn or improve on your French language skills. I've been a Further Education Tutor for many years and I currently teach privately to all levels. For conversation sessions I don't use textbooks as I believe speaking is the best method of learning. I focus on your hobbies and your lifestyle as it a a more natural way to learn a language. For exams I rely more on current affairs and link them to grammar to make it more lively. My methods are simple: pronunciation, grammar, reading and speaking are all included in the 1 hour session. Writing is given as homework. I am flexible on the hours and I am always happy to help. You come to me as a student and leave as a friend, for life.
Promoting a positive attitude I always seek and embrace new challenges which give me the freedom of innovation. I am motivated to achieve and I am committed to my passion (job). I thrive on helping others and sharing my knowledge and work to strengthen and enhance working relationships with people. I am passionate about education and professionalism. I believe my calmness and good sense of empathy ethos helps to reduce barriers that people might encounter towards changes.
I have been teaching for over 16 years and been a private tutor for the past 3 years. I have met over 40 students who are now at University and I am still in contact with them. I have taught to undergrads who have achieved a 2:1 because of their hard work with me. I teach dyslexic students also using methods beneficial to all. I am an ad hoc supply teacher mainly in Primary Schools when needed.
I am a Supply Cover Associate Lecturer at the University of Exeter. I also taught at Torquay Boys Grammar School as a Supply Teacher.
I am a DELF/DALF Lecturer and Examiner. I strongly advise to do this Diploma as it opens many doors for your future in Europe.
Conversation or improving you conversation skills £25
October 2018 to Present: Tutor, Associate Lecturer at The University of Exeter
January to June 2018 : French Teacher Cover at Torquay Boys Grammar School.
March 2016 to Present: T/A and Supply teacher Education - Educated recruitment
• Oaklands School (SEN- Dawlish)
• St Joseph School (Primary-Newton Abbot)
• Green Rooms Nursery School (Newton Abbot)
• Cranbrook Education Campus (Primary-Exeter)
• Central Devon Personalised Learning Services Stansfield (SEN-Exeter)
• CDPLS (Dartington)
• South and West Academy (Nursery-Preston)
• King’s Ash School (Nursery-Paignton)
• Pinhoe School(Primary-Exeter)
• Bishopsteignton Primary School (SEN 1 to 1)
• Cheriton Bishop Primary School (SEN 1 to 1)
July 2015- Present: Teaching English as a Second language, Private French Tutor – Allons enfants . Online, face to face and After School Clubs. Tutoring to GCSE, A Level and University Level. DEFL and DAFL preparation centre.
July 2006- June 2015: Business Customer Advisor - EDF Energy
Sep 1995-2006: Lecturer/Tutor in Further Education – Torbay Council, University of Exeter
• Ensure students achieve high score associating with the integrity of the schools/university and OFSTED guidelines
• Build good relationship with parents/carers and teaching staff to ensure support in given throughout the year
• Research and update pedagogical methodologies, tools and material to ensure all component of the courses are current
• Design of courses following provided related syllabus
• Create and deliver course tasters for potential students, liaising with local newspapers to promote diverse courses
• Check and monitor that learning is taking place
• Give feedback, assessing tests and correcting exams on line like GCSEs
• Running after school and Saturday French clubs for Primary School children
Perfect! Anne is warm, friendly, very patient and flexible.
Suzy is very articulate, knowledgeable and an extremely agreable lady to converse and talk to.
Anne is a fun and friendly lady and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending her. We worked alongside each other in a primary school where she built great relationships with staff and children and had inventive and creative ideas to make learning successful :)
Anne is a very patient and encouraging teacher who has improved my french considerably and helped me to understand the culture of France and its people. I enjoy her lessons very much.
Anne comes to my home for my hour French lesson per week. She is friendly, reliable and thorough.
She is always sure to incorporate fun into the lessons make the lessons enjoyable.
My confidence and understanding have come on leaps and bounds.
I have and would strongly recommend Anne.
Anne made the lessons engaging and fun and was able to teach year 10 and year 6 at different levels
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking DELF lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|