I believe in a learner-centred approach and as much interaction as possible when teaching groups. Learning should be fun and I make sure my students never get bored. I encourage student participation and am flexible with designing bespoke lessons.
I have a CELTA and degree in English Language and TEFL-i. I have been teaching for 3 years. Majority of the students I have taught were interested in work related lessons. I always incorporate functional skills into my subjects.
Professional individual with hands-on work ethic. Motivated by various projects within Education & Training. Passionate in encouraging adults to succeed in any given vocation. Enthusiastic in learning new skills, problem solving and an eye for detail. Innovative with a determined mindset in achieving set goals. An altruistic individual with a learner-centred approach, creating a safe and enjoyable environment. Recently completed Safeguarding and Prevent online training.
Agency Work and Voluntary – Temporary Contracts:
Cover Supervisor - TimePlan Education Agency. London Dec ’18 - June ‘19
- Cover for secondary, SEN primary and nursery schools
Employability Tutor/ESOL - Maze8 Agency. Middlesex Aug ‘09 - Sept ’15 - Delivery of work skills, Pearson Retail Level 2 and BTEC Business Administration
- Job search tips, CV formatting, interview techniques, cover letters/speculative letters.
- Administration in accordance to Ofsted Inspections. Assessing, tutorials, one-to-one, marking work for IQA.
- ESOL Tutor (cover) 20 - 30 students pre-intermediate – Intermediate. Differentiating activities
I-Learn Assistant - Peach Personnel Agency. Middlesex
- Facilitating self-study courses and demonstrated Moodle learning platform to students (16-19 yrs)
- Taking registers and maintaining robust classroom management for classes of 10 – 28 students
- Delivering e-learning, induction of assessment diagnostics and Mindstep.
- Learning resource centre assistant, customer service and library duties
ESOL Tutor - (Voluntary) Wimbledon Library. London
- Negotiated with the Manager of the library to launch free ESOL classes of groups of 12 students,
twice a week
- Needs analysis/assessing/planning/delivering lessons to E1 -L1 ESOL students
- Embedded functional skills into topics and promoted the use of authentic materials from the local area
- Teaching in the community and individual support for CV writing and applying for work in the UK
- Continued Personal Development
Training Adviser - Positive Outcomes Ltd. Business Design Centre. London Oct ’08 - July ‘09 - Delivered training in National Vocational Qualification's, Apprenticeship
- Train2Gain in Management and Business Admin L3. Team leading, Retail and Customer Service
- Assessed and delivered professional discussions, photo-stories, audacity recordings, mobile evidence,
- Key skills/technical skills. All evidence entered onto a Matrix system. MS Outlook Diary and company
Support Worker - Advance Housing and Support. Registered Care Home Oxford May ’05 - Aug ‘08 Supporting 9 vulnerable adults in a registered care home, in Oxford.
Supervisor - Keble College, Dining Hall. Oxford University Apr '04 - Apr '05 - Supervision of Student Hall (300 seat) Hospitality - Conferences and Café
- Training 22+ (silver service) staff in delivering excellent customer service for students and delegates
Customer Adviser IT - Spaice Ltd. London Feb ’03 - Mar '04
- Delivered customer service within retail, sales and customer care
Employer Liaison Officer - Richmond Upon Thames College. Twickenham Jan '01 - Dec '02
- Assisting Assessors/Apprentices through National Vocational Qualification's in Customer Service
and Administration L 2 & L3. Planning and implementation of workshops.
- Input of Data relating to students acquiring jobs.
- Cold calling companies for placements. Following guidelines on 'Health and Safety’ legislation and
Manager - British Heart Foundation. Surrey Nov ’98 - Dec ‘00
Hotel Representative - Globus Tours & Trafalgar Tours. London Feb '96 - Oct '98
- Customer service, greeting clients into the hotels, escorting clients to the theatre
- Sales of sightseeing tours in and around London, cross-selling, up-selling and advisory service
Supervisor - Executive Suites/Central Reservations. Wimbledon Stadium Sept ’94 - Jan ‘96
- Training staff in ‘mis en place’ and a high standard of customer service
- Sales and enquiries on Executive suites, up-selling and cross-selling services and products
Training Coordinator - Merton Training Consortium. Wimbledon Oct ’90 - Aug ‘94
- Liaising with the business community for placements and colleges for Youths aged 16 -21
- Co-ordinating company/apprentice reviews in the workplace, training, assessing skills and administration
- Detailed reports completed for verification of certificates
Public Relations Officer p/t Accolade Publicity. Nairobi Kenya Oct ’87 - Jul ‘90
- Collaborated with managers and senior members of Nairobi Safari Club Hotel
- Voluntary p/t - Youth Worker – American Women’s Association, Kibera, Nairobi
Education & Training
BA (Hons) English Language and TEFL-I University of Bedfordshire Oct ‘15 – Jul ‘18
DBS Clearance (under 18 enhanced) on ‘active update service’ Jul ’17 - Jul ‘20
English GCSE and Mathematics GCE Sept ’14 - June ‘15
Certificate in English Language in Teaching to Adults (CELTA L5) Apr ’13 - Jul ‘13
Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS L4) Apr ’13 - Jul ’13
C&G NVQ4 MS Office word/PowerPoint/excel 2007 Kingston College May - Jul ‘10
Health & Social Care - 22 certificates May ’05 - Aug ‘08
Hospitality Management - Access Course Sept’ ’94 - June ‘95
Qualified Youth Worker 1984 - 1987
Hobbies & Interests
I enjoy cooking for anyone and interacting with all age groups. I love creative projects, sports, board games, current affairs, travelling and cultural tourism/activities. Interested in wildlife and environmental issues. Passionate about society and injustices to people in the world and aim to support and educate, where possible.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|