My approach to teaching is positive and enthusiastic - I always strive to use engaging, authentic resources to bring the language to life and keep things animated. Expect to be browsing English websites, reading articles from newspapers & magazines, watching videos on YouTube and listening to podcasts...out with the dusty textbook and in with genuine English language as used by natives.
In the initial lessons, I will be sure to get to know a little more about your interests so we can tailor lessons around you - nothing more tedious than reading a fashion article when you are a football fan, and vice-versa! Likewise, if you need to focus on a specific language aspect e.g. English for business, law or medicine, I will centre lessons around these topics.
Don't worry, you won't be thrown into the deep-end; every lesson will be tailored to meet your level, and before you know it you will be tackling challenges you never thought possible. Language is all about confidence - together we will build this. There are no such things as mistakes, only learning experiences!
Nice to meet you...enchantée!
I am a qualified teacher whose teaching specialism is Languages, including teaching English as a second language (ESOL). Let's work through the tricky stuff together, be it to get the grade you are hoping for in an exam or to fulfil your passion to speak like the locals. Whether you require a few sessions to prep for a test or are looking for longer-term support, I am here to ensure you attain your goals and provide as flexible a service as possible. I have a proven track-record of raising attainment, and always strive to go above and beyond students initial targets.
2016 – 2017 UCL Institute of Education (IOE)
• Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Secondary, Modern Languages) in inner-city London. Rated ‘outstanding’. Distinction in Masters level assignment.
2012 – 2016 University College London (UCL) London
• First Class BA (Hons) in Modern Languages (French and Spanish) with year abroad in Lyon/Madrid.
• Selected by UCL to study at the prestigious École Normale Supérieure de Lyon and Madrid Complutense universities.
• First class achieved in research projects. Highly communicative and predominantly self-directed programme.
2009-2011 Holy Cross College, A-levels (5) Bury, Manchester
• English Literature A*
• Spanish A*
• Art A*
• French A
• History A
2004-2009 Walkden High School, GCSEs Salford, Manchester
• A* x8 (English Literature, English Language, Science (a), Statistics, Art, History, French, Spanish)
• A x2 (Science (b), Maths)
• Double distinction in ICT
• Sports Leadership Award Level 1
2016-2017 - Teacher of French and Spanish at Gladesmore Community School/Oasis Academy Enfield
• Excellent interpersonal skills, confident speaker, creative approach to imparting knowledge grounded in a sound ability to process and restructure information in a format suited to the target audience, astute handling of data, highly organised, able to prioritise efficiently and successfully tackle multiple projects simultaneously, adaptable, highly computer literate, ability to work to tight deadlines, bold yet empathetic leader, strives for excellence and plans for progression, exemplary role model.
• 2015-2016: Mentor/Tutor at the Petchey Academy (Hackney) with TalentEd education charity.
• 2013-2016: Tutor on the ‘NearPeers’ project (University College London (UCL) widening participation programme)
• 2013-2014: Mentor/Tutor at the UCL Academy, Swiss Cottage
Key Skills Demonstrated
• Excellent leadership, commitment to improving outcomes and goal driven
• Outstanding planning and organisational skills
• Identified opportunities and liaised with colleagues to achieve goals e.g. organising taster day for A-level students at UCL in my department
• Curated resources, maintained digital resource and communicative platform
• Modelled ambition, promoted high aspirations and a meritocratic environment
• Demonstrated empathy and nurtured soft skills
2010-2011 Private French Tutor (Home-based)
• Individualised programme, self-directed, successfully raised attainment from grade F to B.
Perfect! I´m very happy on working with Annie, she is an excellent teacher, also she understand what I really need to learn. For me have been an excellent decision to choose her.
Working with Maria is an absolute pleasure, she is full of positive energy and brings lots of enthusiasm with her to lessons. She is also incredibly diligent and really applies herself. Tutoring Maria is a joy and I hope that we can continue making great progress together.
Annie is most definitely a trustworthy tutor. She knows exactly how to teach and does it in a passionate, engaging and friendly way. I can't recommend her highly enough!
Annie offers the dedication and energy to be a fantastic tutor. Annie is genuinely invested in the futures and advancement of others and therefore commits a genuine interest and care for the progression of her students. Alongside this, Annie has an infectious positivity and sense of fun that makes her a truly motivating French tutor.
Annie has a first class degree in Modern European languages from a top university and she has complemented that with a PGCE. She loves to teach, is very enthusiastic and has an amiable and engaging personality.
Annie is one of the most reliable, trustworthy and dependable people I know. She is kind, patient, thoughtful and extremely hardworking. We studied together at University and Annie was the first person to offer help whenever she could. Annie is a qualified languages teacher and puts time and dedication into all of her teaching/tutoring, as she really cares about each of her individual students and their progress. I'd really recommend Annie as a tutor if you want to see real progression in your language-learning, and experience fun and engaging tutorials at the same time. She also makes sure that her teaching is applicable to real life so you'll be able to take your knowledge and skills into the real world really quickly.
I couldn't recommend Annie as a tutor enough!
Annie is incredibly engaging and always goes out of her way to make learning fun. She has a very patient and understanding nature and easily adapts to your needs and learning style so that you always get the most out of your lesson. Annie somehow manages to make French grammar finally seem easy and I would recommend her to anyone who needs help with their French - she is truly a rare find!
Annie is an extremely diligent and conscientious individual and a responsible and trustworthy tutor. She cares greatly about her students' progress and their enjoyment of the subject is of great importance to her. Annie will make sure your classes are fun, but also that you learn a great deal whilst working with her. Her knowledge of French is vast, as well as knowing France and the culture very well. She has often helped me with learning French, and has a great deal of patience for explaining the nuances of the language. A very recommendable teacher!
Annie is a brilliant tutor. Her lessons are interesting and engaging and she has always been extremely professional with her work. I strongly recommend her.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£18|