Nice to meet you...enchantée!
I am a qualified secondary school teacher whose teaching specialism is French up to A-level. Let's work through the tricky stuff together, be it to get the grade you are hoping for in an exam or to fulfil your passion to speak like the locals. Whether you require a few sessions to prep for a test or are looking for longer-term support, I am here to ensure you attain your goals and provide as flexible a service as possible. I have a proven track-record of raising attainment, and always strive to go above and beyond students initial targets.
My approach to teaching is positive and enthusiastic - I always strive to use engaging, authentic resources to bring the language to life and keep things animated. Expect to be browsing French websites, reading articles from newspapers & magazines, watching videos on YouTube and listening to podcasts...out with the dusty textbook and in with genuine French language as used by natives.
In the initial lessons, I will be sure to get to know a little more about your interests so we can tailor lessons around you - nothing more tedious than reading a fashion article when you are a football fan, and vice-versa!
Don't worry, you won't be thrown into the deep-end; every lesson will be tailored to meet your level, and before you know it you will be tackling challenges you never thought possible. Language is all about confidence - together we will build this. There are no such things as mistakes, only learning experiences!
A Little About Me
I am a graduate from the UCL Institute of Education, renowned as the world's best research centre for education. It was here that I obtained my Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) as part of their highly-regarded PGCE course. I also completed my undergraduate degree at UCL, obtaining a First Class degree in French and Spanish.
In addition to my teaching experience (I have taught at schools across North London), I have four years individual tutoring experience, mostly through my involvement in a number of charitable projects in inner-city London, such as TalentEd and Brightside.
Do not hesitate to get in touch and ask me questions regarding tutoring of any kind - I am more than happy to respond to all queries and will do so as quickly as possible.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Please contact me regarding lesson rates - they are as disclosed, but for longer term partnerships or for teaching more than one student at a time rates can be negotiated to decrease costs.
2016 – 2017 UCL Institute of Education (IOE)
• Post Graduate Certificate of Education (Secondary, French and Spanish) in inner-city London. Rated ‘outstanding’. Distinction in Masters level assignment.
2012 – 2016 University College London (UCL) London
• First Class BA (Hons) in Modern Languages (French and Spanish) with year abroad in Lyon/Madrid.
• Selected by UCL to study at the prestigious École Normale Supérieure de Lyon and Madrid Complutense universities.
• First class achieved in research projects. Highly communicative and predominantly self-directed programme.
2009-2011 Holy Cross College, A-levels (5) Bury, Manchester
• English Literature A*
• Spanish A*
• Art A*
• French A
• History A
2004-2009 Walkden High School, GCSEs Salford, Manchester
• A* x8 (English Literature, English Language, Science (a), Statistics, Art, History, French, Spanish)
• A x2 (Science (b), Maths)
• Double distinction in ICT
• Sports Leadership Award Level 1
2016-2017 - Teacher of French and Spanish at Gladesmore Community School/Oasis Academy Enfield
• Excellent interpersonal skills, confident speaker, creative approach to imparting knowledge grounded in a sound ability to process and restructure information in a format suited to the target audience, astute handling of data, highly organised, able to prioritise efficiently and successfully tackle multiple projects simultaneously, adaptable, highly computer literate, ability to work to tight deadlines, bold yet empathetic leader, strives for excellence and plans for progression, exemplary role model.
• 2015-2016: Mentor/Tutor at the Petchey Academy (Hackney) with TalentEd education charity.
• 2013-2016: Tutor on the ‘NearPeers’ project (University College London (UCL) widening participation programme)
• 2013-2014: Mentor/Tutor at the UCL Academy, Swiss Cottage
Key Skills Demonstrated
• Excellent leadership, commitment to improving outcomes and goal driven
• Outstanding planning and organisational skills
• Identified opportunities and liaised with colleagues to achieve goals e.g. organising taster day for A-level students at UCL in my department
• Curated resources, maintained digital resource and communicative platform
• Modelled ambition, promoted high aspirations and a meritocratic environment
• Demonstrated empathy and nurtured soft skills
2010-2011 Private French Tutor (Home-based)
• Individualised programme, self-directed, successfully raised attainment from grade F to B.
Perfect! Annie is such a great tutor. She has really helped me gain more confidence in speaking French and has made lessons fun and enjoyable for me. I always look forward to my lessons with her.
Working with Sanraya is an absolute pleasure, she is incredibly diligent and really applies herself. I really enjoy tutoring her, and hope that we can continue making great progress together.
Annie is most definitely a trustworthy tutor. She knows exactly how to teach and does it in a passionate, engaging and friendly way. I can't recommend her highly enough!
Annie offers the dedication and energy to be a fantastic tutor. Annie is genuinely invested in the futures and advancement of others and therefore commits a genuine interest and care for the progression of her students. Alongside this, Annie has an infectious positivity and sense of fun that makes her a truly motivating French tutor.
Annie has a first class degree in Modern European languages from a top university and she has complemented that with a PGCE. She loves to teach, is very enthusiastic and has an amiable and engaging personality.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - french lessons for all!
Taking DELF lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£180|