I have worked as a tutor since studying A-levels and have developed my skills much deeper by working in inner-London schools and tutoring many families. In addition, I have also worked as a qualified teacher for 7 years now inner-London schools and academies and therefore up-to-date with all new changes. I have a track record of outstanding results.
I know exactly what it takes to help your child achieve the grade they aspire to whether it be a Grade 9 or 5. I am very skilled in knowing how to approach different questions depending on your child`s current skill-set. I choose the best ways to make sure they remember. My techniques in tackling challenging maths questions are valuable and will ensure your child makes the most out of their session and ultimately their exam. Furthermore, I make sure to quickly find your child`s strengths and weaknesses. I aim they never make the same mistakes again, by teaching them exactly what they do not know.
I really enjoy tutoring as I get to see the progress my students make in a single session as well as a series of sessions. I have helped students move up from Grade 2 to 5 and Grade 3 to 6 as well as grade 5 to 8.
I consider myself to be a very affective tutor with a track record of delivering outstanding results. I make sure to quickly find your child`s strengths and weaknesses. I make sure they never make the same mistakes again, by teaching them exactly what they do not know. I am skilled in knowing how your child can achieve the best possible marks, as I am a very critical examiner.
Furthermore, I have in depth knowledge of the new curriculum as a result of re-structuring the previous, as I was the KS4 leader in my previous school and therefore up-to-date with all the changes.
I am an experienced, qualified teacher and tutor with a record of success helping students one-to-one to overcome specific difficulties in Maths and increasing their confidence. My students enjoy their Maths tuition sessions, as I am able to motivate them and encourage them to tackle questions using more than one method.
I graduated from Queen Mary, University of London in ‘Mathematics with Finance and Accounting’ and went onto doing my teaching course ‘PGCE’. Since then, I have been teaching KS3, KS4 and KS5 for the last five years. I have previously worked as the Second in Charge of Mathematics with responsibility of KS4 managing years 9, 10 and 11, a role which has greatly enhanced my knowledge of the new curriculum.
I am now a Lead Practitioner of Mathematics, developing and supporting newly qualified Teachers to deliver amazing Maths lessons at all A-levels.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (IOE) 11/2017 – 05/09/18
National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML)
MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY 09/2012 – 06/2013
Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Mathematics Fully Qualified with QTS
QUEEN MARY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON 09/2009 – 06/2012
Mathematics with Finance and Accounting BSc (Hons) Grade: 2:1 (UPPER SECOND CLASS)
- Modules included 80% Mathematics and statistics
- 20% Finance and Accounting
MATHS LEAD PRACTITIONER
SEPTEMBER 2019 START
Strategic Leadership and Development:
• Play a leading and highly visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning of the Faculty and academic success of all students.
• Collaborate as a member of the Lead Practitioner Team in order to build and realise the shared vision of excellence and high standards for all students.
• Contribute actively towards the formulation of all Academy policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent implementation.
• Ensure high quality teaching and learning in the Faculty or across the Academy.
• Ensure the highest standards of teaching, learning and achievement.
• Lead in the monitoring, evaluation and review of standards and provision within the Faculty.
• Develop trainees, PGCE’s and NQT’s from different faculties in reaching good to outstanding levels of teaching.
SECOND IN CHARGE OF MATHEMATICS AND KS4 CO-ORDINATOR
LONDON SW10 0AB
July 2013 – August 2019
• Managing Department in the absence of Curriculum Leader
• Responsible for managing and tracking KS4 years 9, 10, 11
• Supporting KS3 Leader
• Line managing member of staff, mentoring and training trainee teachers as well as s
• Responsible for teaching KS3 – KS4 and KS5 Mathematics
• Preparing and delivering outstanding lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities
• Constantly updating resources, creating schemes of work and delivering departmental meetings
• Leading staff within KS4 Maths and developing NQTS and TA's
• Provide support tools for staff to use in lessons to manage behaviour
• Confidently reviewing the quality of teaching and learning.
• Reviewing examination results within the department and implement strategies to improve results across all KS4 groups.
• Keeping parents and carers updated about their child's progress.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|