I am a qualified primary teacher but I've tutored children up to GCSE level. I ensure that every session starts with the objectives and the criteria that we will achieve in order to have covered that objective successfully. Following the introduction of what we will be covering I often introduce the topic in more detail using examples and allowing for teacher and pupil interaction; once this section is complete there are ample opportunities for small tasks that allows me to feedback and further the learning either by explanation or extension. At the end of the session I conclude with a plenary explaining what we've learnt and whether we've covered the objective and achieved this successfully. I always leave my pupils with a small homework task to continue the learning until our next session!
I've taught primary education for four years in three schools in West Sussex. I now tutor two children local to where I live in West Sussex. Throughout my teaching career I have been able to provide evidence of progression and achievement for my students; I've paid attention to National expectations and individual goals and targets. It is really important to me that my pupils develop confidence whilst also attaining and it is essential to me that my lessons are fun, creative and enjoyable.
I am a creative and motivated individual with proven experience in relationship building, project management, change and improvement to deliver results. My experience working in roles as a project manager, trainer and qualified primary school teacher has enabled me to adapt my skills to working with a wide range of stakeholders. I am excellent at building positive working relationships, managing relationships with individuals and teams and communicating and presenting complex information to a range of audiences. I have proven myself to be highly organised, capable of managing and delivering on my own projects and managing others to deliver on targets. I have worked in diverse and high-pressure environments, and I have proven myself to be highly adaptable, self-motivated and resilient with strong communications skills. I have consistently sought opportunities to continue my professional development and I am motivated to learn from my colleagues. I have always been eager to experiment and inject originality and innovation into my role. Ultimately, I enjoy challenging roles that enable me to learn and improve my professional skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
General Security Awareness Training
The National Aviation Security Program, eLearning delivered by Redline
Aviation Security Managers’ Initial Course
Conducted by Redline Assured Security on behalf of the Department for Transport
Qualified Teacher Status
Brighton University, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4AT
Post Graduate Teacher Education
Brighton University, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4AT
Bachelor of Arts with Honours, History and English, Class I
Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 5UA
Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
Intensive TEFL Courses, 26 Cockerton Green, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL3 9EU
English Literature A Level (B), English Language A Level (C) History A Level (C)
St Pauls Catholic College, Burgess Hill, RH15 8GA
10 GCSEs Grade A-C Including Maths, English and Science
Warden Park Secondary School, Cuckfield, RH17 5DP
EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT
Gatwick Ground Services, Gatwick Airport
Project Manager for Counter Terrorism Training, Assessment and Applications
03/09/2018 – Present
• Through observation and development of relationships with trainees whilst working with GGS, I identified areas of inefficiencies and weakness in existing processes. As a result of feeding this back to senior management, I was made responsible for creating and implementing a process to streamline and improve the efficiency of aircraft cleaning turnaround which saved an average of 30 minutes per long haul aircraft.
• Reported on progress of process implementation to British Airways management at London Gatwick Airport.
• Created and delivered Counter Terrorism Aircraft Secure Clean Course material and managed the ongoing training and assessment to ensure learning outcomes were met and that training was delivered to a high quality.
• Worked closely with an agency to review applications against government criteria before processing the application for Counter Terrorism Checks and reported weekly on the progress of this against set targets.
Holmes Logistics, Moorings, Cowfold Road, Bolney, RH17 5QU
Sameday Accounts Manager
June – 2017 - September 2018
• Introduced an online diary system to improve efficiency with other online systems as part of a new business approach.
• Managed the process and suppliers throughout the design and roll out of a new corporate website and logo as well as sole responsibility for the delivery of social media content and analytics.
• Managed accounts for sameday clients, attended regular meetings and maintained regular communication and relationship management with corporate clients and suppliers.
• Led a centralised administration function for the business which included use of Sage for accounts and ensuring other systems and processes were followed.
• Attended sales meetings to build relationships with future clients, identifying their service needs and costing accordingly.
• Identified potential new clients and scoped new business opportunities.
Pennthorpe School, Church Street, Rudgewick, West Sussex, RH12 3HJ
Year 3 Class Teacher
September 2015 - June 2017
• Year Group Leader for Year 3
• Planned lessons for subjects across the curriculum with specific objectives in line with expectations for year group, school policy and the National Curriculum.
• Motivated students through creative teaching that resulted in progression.
• Executed excellent behaviour management strategies and an inclusive pedagogy.
• Attended weekly lower school meetings and whole school CPD days.
• Developed strong relationships with parents whilst reporting on children’s progression, next steps and behaviour in school.
• Organised and ran a variety of school trips, extracurricular activities and events within school that encouraged whole school interaction and participation.
• Worked with SEND experts to support children within class.
Northgate Primary School, Green Lane, Northgate, Crawley, RH10 8DX
Year 5 and Year 6 Teacher
September 2013 - June 2015
St Bedes International Summer School, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 3QH
Summer School Activity Staff
June 2011 – 08 2012
Forest Lake Summer Camp, 261 Forest Lake Road, Chestertown, NY 12817
Summer Camp Counselor
June 2009 – August 2010
Sightsavers International, Haywards Heath, RH16 4BX
Data Entry Temp
June 2009 – August 2010
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
A lot of my spare time is spent working with my horse, training and preparing her to compete in one day events as well as improving my own equestrian abilities. I love the patience, discipline and dedication that riding requires and the fact that working with a headstrong animal is a daily challenge. My biggest achievement to date has been competing at 90cm Tweseldown One Day Event this year but my goal for the next year is to progress to competing at 1 meter.
Over the last ten years I have volunteered with different projects in Tanzania, South Africa and Mozambique as well as working for two summers at camps in America. I enjoy travelling and experiencing new places and found these projects particularly rewarding. In Tanzania I was able to teach English in a small school in Moshi but I also offered tutoring and organised events like rounders for the village to participate in; this trip was particularly rewarding as I was able to pass on skills and in a small way support their local community whilst gaining a thirst for teaching. In South Africa I volunteered with a project that researched elephants and Mozambique I worked at a horse safari placement; both locations rely so heavily on donations and volunteers to do incredible work; I was honoured to become a small part of their ongoing story.
I also enjoy spending time outside in the countryside whether that might be in the local area, exploring new places or further afield. I go hiking and relish the opportunity to find out about the history of wherever I find myself.
After making a career change to leave teaching, I have continued to work with children by working as an independent tutor in my spare time at evenings and weekends. I find teaching so rewarding, and want to continue to help children progress, achieve their goals and gain confidence to support their classroom education. It has also meant that I have been able to maintain relationships with some of the families and former students which has been very satisfying.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest arithmetic lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school science lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£165||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||£300|