I ensure that my lessons are catered for each individual learner and their specific needs. I feel that this is essential in order to boost the holistic development of each individual learner. I am approachable and willing to consistently learn personally.
Fully qualified Teacher (Primary Qualified) with an academic background in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Undergraduate) and Sports Development & Coaching (Postgraduate), with a PGDE Primary Education with Physical Education Specialism. Currently working part-time in Belfast working with GCSE and A-Level Sports Studies/Science groups.
This Curriculum Vitae represents me as a hard-working and determined graduate with first-rate personal and communication skills, who works well as part of a team. I am a well organised and prepared person who has developed these skills through leadership within education and sport, involvement in community outreach activities and working with young people in a voluntary capacity. My career goals and ambitions direct me towards education and teaching, and the administration of sport and how it is developed.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
2017-2018 Liverpool John Moore’s University
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) Primary 5-11 with PE Specialism
2016-2018 Ulster University, Jordanstown
MSc Sports Development and Coaching
2011-2015 Ulster University, Jordanstown
BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Sciences
2004-2011 Rathmore Grammar School, Belfast
A Level: Physical Education, Geography, Biology
10 GCSEs Grades A-C, including Mathematics (A) and English (B).
January 2012 – July 2012 Lifeguard, Craigavon Leisure Centre
• Developed communication and public relation skills through interacting with members of the public.
• Developed team work skills through functioning with others.
September 2013 – June 2014 PE Teaching Assistant, Rathmore Grammar School, Belfast
• Committed to providing 40 hours of voluntary work each week.
• Undertook research in the area of ‘Modern Technology within the Classroom’.
• Received Ulster Sports Outreach verified training in all aspects of programme production and delivery.
• Worked with all year groups; male and female aged 11-19.
• In charge of fixture scheduling, bus booking and match reporting.
September 2012 – June 2013 Chairman, University of Ulster, Jordanstown Hurling Club
• Promoted the Hurling Club within the University; increased membership by 15% from the previous year.
• Provided opportunities to those who previously had no experience of the sport
• Developed organisational and planning skills through fixture planning, interaction with other committee members and different universities.
• Maintained positive financial stability in a difficult period.
September 2014 – January 2015 Sport for Life All Island Project Tutor
• Tutor, Sport for Life All Island, educating students from DCU, UCC, GMIT, Sligo IT.
• Sport for Life tutor in St Luke’s Primary School, Belfast; instructing Primary 5 male and female students.
September 2015 – July 2018 Ulster GAA Sports Coach & Tutor (Various Programmes)
September 2015 – March 2016 Senior and Fresher Hurling Head Coach, Ulster University
March 2016 – July 2016 Construction and Labour (Architectural Glazing)
March 2017 – July 2017 Construction and Labour (Roofing)
September 2018 - Present
Sports Tutor for the Football Management Company working with GCSE and A-Level students
• As Chairman of Ulster University, Jordanstown Hurling Club, I contacted numerous other universities to organise the scheduling of fixtures, venues, referees etc.
• Present captain of Armagh Senior Hurling team and Ulster University Senior Hurling Team (2013-15); I deliver motivational team talks and instructions to ensure a clear structure and plan is present for all to adhere to in order to ensure targets are created and met.
• As part of Ulster Sports Outreach placement within Rathmore Grammar, I delivered Assembly presentation to various year groups. I also communicated positively via email and telephone.
• I also delivered various assembly presentations to children of all ages through my PGDE Primary teaching degree
• As captain of Armagh Senior Hurling team, I promote equality through teamwork and shared responsibility.
• Within Rathmore Grammar, I worked well as a team member with the other members of the PE Staff through Sports Day organisation and in group presentations to various year groups.
• In my PGDE Primary teaching, I assisted in school trips and school sporting events, ensuring behaviour management was positive and group control was maintained.
• As a sports coach, I am regularly dealing with situations that need to be taken control of, both on and off the pitch. I have been enhancing my man-management skills and personal skills over the past number of years.
• While scrutinising customer complaints in Craigavon Leisure Centre, I dealt with various different situations and through sound planning, I was able to make the correct decision in the interest of all parties.
• As Senior Hurling Coach with Ulster University, I was responsible for organising training sessions and games, devising a structured time-table of training times and venues.
• In charge of administrative planning through Bus Bookings within Rathmore Grammar, leading to a structured plan of transport for sporting teams and educational visits within school.
• Fully competent and confident in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Full clean driving licence with access to transport.
• Level 2 Gym/Fitness Instructor Qualification (Qualified May, 2013)
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2013-2015 University of Ulster Jordanstown Hurling Captain
2014 and 2016 Represented Ulster in Inter-Provincial Series (v Leinster 2014/ v Munster 2016)
2014-16 Part of University of Ulster Jordanstown Senior Hurling Management team (Coach)
2010-Present Senior Inter-county hurler with Armagh. Current Captain. 2014-15 Ulster Sports Outreach Sport for Life All Island Tutor
2013-Present Volunteer coach with Rathmore Grammar School
2008-Present Various Coaching Multi-Sport coaching camps
Ulster University EDGE Excel Award, awarded December 2015
2014-15 Volunteer Now Award
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking dissertation and thesis preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£110||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£220||£250|