I am an Employability coach, who helps people break the benefit cycle and give them confidence to reach their potential. I work with people all ages, all backgrounds and skilled and non skilled clients. I start of with an initial diagnostic to find out what it is my clients need, discuss this with them and create and action plan for that person to move forward with. There is no one size fits all, services are provided on an individual basis
Working in Employability for over 8 years, helping people from all walks of life break barriers to employment, assisting with career advice, up-skilling, preparing CV's, helping with application forms and interview techniques, advice guidance and sign posting to specialist local services
Cancellation of appointments less than 24 hours will be at charged £10
• Exceptional communication, organisational and report writing skills.
• Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with employers, partners, clients and colleagues at every level.
• Professional telephone manner, tactful and diplomatic.
• Works well to deadlines and remains calm under pressure.
• Capacity to adapt to new projects/circumstances with ease.
Education & Training
2015 – 2016 SVQ 4 Advice and Guidance
2010 – 2010 PX2 Facilitation Certificate in Motivational Training – Pacific Institute
2006 – 2009 University of Strathclyde – BA Social Science
• Prepare, develop and deliver NPA level 4 Employability and enterprise award
• Provide career advice and Employability workshops to 15 – 17 year olds on SALE programme
• Create Enterprise activities and assist with locating work experience placements
• Build trusting relationships and encourage access to my world of work
• Work with groups and 1-1 interactions
• Provide CV assistance, Interview techniques and job applications
• Provide a long-term in-work support & career development service to clients to enable them to grow & develop in the workplace
• Provision of life-coaching and mentoring services to clients to help raise and achieve aspirations
• Promotion of lifelong learning concept to clients and provision of appropriate guidance on career development opportunities & associated funding
• Provision of a breakdown and recovery service for clients in employment who have/are in danger of returning to unemployment
• Access ILA and advice on increasing benefits where required
• Find volunteering opportunities to increase skills and confidence
July 2012 – Aug 2013
Welcome and Registration Co-ordinator
• Inducting, registering, assessing and action plan processing clients to ‘The Work Programme’ ensuring clients have a full understanding of the programme.
• Undertaking detailed initial diagnostic assessment of clients’ employability on an individual basis.
• Establishing potential career paths using approved software.
• Sign posting clients to specialist services.
• Compiling detailed client profile pack for referrals to allocated Key Workers.
• Ensure accurate and up-to-date records are maintained on individual clients via the Management Information Database.
July 2010 – July 2012
• Employability support for clients; CV’s, Application Forms/Spec letters, Interview techniques and Job searching workshops.
• Sourcing suitable job vacancies for Work Programme, Challenge Fund and Youth Placement Programme clients.
• Arranging training where necessary for new and existing clients.
• Providing ‘In Work Support’ to clients liaising with employers re any problems encountered.
• Representing Routes to Work at partnership and external events.
• Liaising with employability team re vacancies: ensuring suitable applicants for vacancies and client records are updated.
• Acting as liaison between key workers and clients to ensure suitable candidates for vacancies.
• Arranged and risk assessing venues; to run employability workshops/surgeries for clients.
• Address social, financial and motivational barriers faced by clients.
January 2010 – July 2010
Lone Parent Mentor
• Engaging with lone parents and provide specialist mentoring services supporting and signposting the target client group.
• Identify barriers through initial assessment to address social, financial and motivational barriers faced by clients.
• Working at a grass roots level mapping current service provisions to encourage and support lone parents to access services.
• Identify and network within NLC partnership to build multi-agency partnerships to facilitate the achievement of OPFS aims and objectives.
• Created and delivered presentations to lone parents and partners on childcare development fund.
• To represent OPFS at conferences, seminars and public presentations including television and radio interviews.
• Monitor, review and report on progress of meeting objectives, including obtaining feedback from lone parents on changes achieved for them.
• To carry out any other duties related that may be required.
Hobbies and Interests
In my spare time I take part in charity fundraising events
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£17|