I have over 25 years experience working within the fashion industry on many levels, and now I am passing on my knowledge and skills to help others.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I offer short courses in pattern cutting for men's & ladies wear, plus stretch wear & basic sewing skills.
I also coach students who are taking exams within fashion & design from diploma's to Masters in fashion
i also offer a service for students who are doing a final collection
gerber pattern cutting & marker making, costing
all levels of skills are welcome
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Fully trained PTLLS Level 4,
Gerber pattern cutting,
Pattern cutting B/TEC Level 2.
- How much do you charge?
- Prices start from £30 per hour plus travel cost to the client's location. I also offer short module courses as a package price i.e. clients who want to learn how to design, make and sew men's or ladies shirts. I can tailor a module for you, which can work out cheaper.
- Modules normally last for 12-15 hours and at the end of the course you will be able to cut and make the garment.
Contact me for more information on the subjects. Discount on group bookings are available.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my studio at home which is located near Southall.
I also teach at the client's location and I'm willing to travel outside of London which will include travelling expenses.
- When are you available?
Available Mon - Sat from 9am -8:30 pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
16+ upwards no upper age limits
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Pattern Cutting: btecCertificate ( if needed)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I email short video clips of the course work to help the student if they are having trouble understanding.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over 25 years + working for very noted high end designers, and also owning and running my own design clothing shop.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Not yet, but if needed it can be obtained.
- Where and with whom did you train?
London School of Fashion.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
currently i am coaching two students online both are in the middle of completing a diploma in fashion design
I had the pleasure of working with Ray, during that time I had the joy of watching him at work, and I got to know him very well.
I can say with confidence that anyone work with Ray would find him easy going in how he explains the work.
It was a pleasure working with him.
I have known Raymond for over 25 years. We first met whilst he was running a very strong established business. I became a regular client of his. Since then I now know him as an exceptional tutor who provides qualitative courses. He goes the extra mile by ensuring you understand what is being taught and he demonstrates this with confidence. He is a true professional who believes in putting you first. He is an asset to anyone he associates with.
Raymond a trustworthy individual. He is someone who really knows his craft.
Excellent mentor. A lovely man with patience excellent values and dedication to his craft. You will learn a lot from his enthusiasm.
Ray is very passionate about his profession, he is always supportive to those willing to learn and always willing to go that extra mile for anyone struggling to complete a task/coursework. He enjoys sharing his years of experience & knowledge in his industry and he adapts all his course to cater to students individual needs. Ray is also very patient.
art and design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|