First of all, I LOVE working with language learners and helping you feel content, comfortable and confident while speaking English.
- Every lesson will be personalised to YOU! I offer tuition to all ages and levels and so the most important thing is always what you want to get out of the lesson. Whether you are preparing for an important business meeting, want your kids to have fun speaking English or studying for your upcoming IELTS exam, the learner is always at the heart of my teaching.
- I use a strong communicative method during my lessons, that encourages the student to speak as much possible and discover the language at their own pace. I won't feel very much like a teacher during our classes, but more like a guide who creates an immersive environment for you to learn English in.
- I understand that every student has an important reason for learning a language and that this can often make the process stressful. I take my responsibilities as an educator equally seriously. Therefore, I guarantee that all of my lessons will be meaningful, relaxed and full of laughter, so that you can achieve your goal as happily and easily as possible.
Hello! My name is Sam, I'm an English Teacher from London, UK, and I'm always looking for new students to learn English with.
- I have a CELTA qualification from International House London and a first-class bachelor’s degree from the University of Manchester.
- I’ve been teaching English since 2016, at language schools and universities around the world, in the UK, Italy, and Japan.
- I’ve had a lot of different clients - from kids to university students to business professionals, through beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- I have an expert knowledge of simple and complex grammar, informal, business and academic vocabulary, and authentic British and American pronunciation.
International House London (2016)
CELTA - Pass (Grade B)
The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama (2019 - 2020)
Musical Theatre MA - Merit
The University of Manchester (2013 - 2016)
Music (MusB) - First-class honours
The London Oratory School (2001 - 2012)
A* A B in English Literature, Music & Physics at A Level
Sam’s English Academy: Director of Studies (2020 - )
- Founded a Private English Teaching business that offers 1-on-1 and Zoom lessons to learners of all ages and levels.
- Created promotional material and educational videos for various social media platforms.
- Designed original and professional curriculums based on the specific learning objectives of each client.
Islington Centre for English: EFL Teacher (2020)
- Taught a daily Pre-Intermediate General English class to adult learners in London.
- Created personalised teaching materials and examinations to subsidise the textbook syllabus.
- Guided learners who were new to the UK on essential functional language and practical advice.
Westgate Corporation: Professor of English (2019)
- Taught a 3-month extra-curricular course at Tokyo City University, Japan.
- Prepared 24 undergraduate B1 students for their study abroad programme in Australia.
- Led daily group and 1:1 classes focusing on core language skills and TOEIC exam preparation.
- Created original learning resources on Western culture and functional language.
My English School Napoli: EFL Teacher (2017-2018)
- Taught 1056 lessons from A1 to C2 levels, including specialised Teen and Business English.
- Received an Average Student Feedback Rating of 4.8/5 from 820 voters.
- Organised 27 extracurricular events.
- Created a 24 episode ‘MyES Radio’ learning resource.
- Invigilated in-house student Exams and observed and gave feedback to colleagues.
- Training objectives met at quarterly performance reviews, with an increase in pay.
Whitgift Summer School: EFL Teacher (2017 & 2019)
- Taught 23 hours a week to ages 11-17 years old.
- Lessons included General English, Exam English and English in Action skills.
- Produced weekly Academic Reports for students and parents.
International House London: CELTA Trainee (2016)
- 120 study hours, including 40 hours of teaching and observation.
- Completed 4 Written Assignments and extensive academic reading.
I was lucky to have Sam as my english teacher back in 2018, when he was living in Italy.
He helped me a lot with getting more confident with my spoken english and I definitely recommend him if you're willing to bring your english to the next level.
David Bates (age 40), Director of International Education at Whitgift School.
Sam worked as an EFL Teacher at Whitgift Summer School for two separate years teaching engaging General English and exciting project-based classes to teenagers from all over the world. Sam is an excellent and knowledgeable teacher who cares deeply about the progress of his students. He plans fun and relevant lessons and I recommend him wholeheartedly.
I met Sam 3 year ago when he taught in my city, Naples, at MyEnglishSchool, a lovely school in my town. I was totally in love with Sam's teaching method, as it was so simple and easy to understand. Sam's greatest strength is the cheerfulness he's able to spread during his lessons and the obvious preparation that goes into every class.
Salvatore, 31 years old, Didactic Secretary (Erasmus Office)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£400|