I have been tutoring/coaching for over 20 years and particularly enjoy the one-to-one approach to learning because I can tailor the lessons to the student's needs and confidence levels.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Maths, Music and English as a Foreign Language.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Studies in Education
BA Maths and Music
DipABRSM (Flute teaching)
PTLLS (Level 4)
UKCC Rowing Coaching (Level 2)
- How much do you charge?
I offer a free consultation. I am able to travel - travel fees are arranged on an individual basis.
- Where do you teach?
I teach both at my home, in a convenient location (such as a cafe), or in the student's home (a parent/carer must be present when the student is a minor).
- When are you available?
Lessons can be arranged Monday to Thursday 9:00-21:00 and Saturday 9:00-13:00.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach from KS3 age children to adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Maths: GCSE, IGCSE, AS, A, IB
EFL/ESOL: EAP, IELTS, academic, general and business English
Music: both theory and practical ABRSM and Trinity/Guildhall grades 1-8
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I use Skype to teach Maths, Music theory, and English as a Foreign Language. I also use a graphing tablet for writing Maths equations.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Over 20 years tutoring/coaching, both in the UK and in the Netherlands. I have taught one-to-one and classes of up to 30.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. My most recent DBS disclosure certificates are from St Edwards Senior School, Rendcomb College, and Hempstead Primary School.
- Where and with whom did you train?
BA Music & Maths, Christ Church College, Canterbury, UK
. Bachelors degree
CELTA, British Language Training Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
. teaching English as a Foreigh Language
DipABRSM, Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music
. for flute teaching
PTLLS, Gloucestershire College
. teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
Currently studying for an Masters with the Open University
• BA Maths and Music, PG Dip in Professional Studies in Education
• CELTA, DipABRSM, PTLLS, UKCC Rowing Coaching (level 2)
• Current DBS/CRB from schools in Cheltenham and surrounding areas: Rendcomb College, St Edwards Senior, Hempstead Primary, Scouting
dissertation and thesis preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, cambridge pre u lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|