I am a 'cellist with many years of teaching and performing experience. I have taught for music services, schools - both independent and mainstream - and privately. Students that I teach range from absolute beginners to diploma candidates.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in teaching the 'cello, but I also teach Music Theory and coach chamber music groups especially string quartets.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA (Hons) 2.1 from the Birmingham Conservatoire, the ABSM Diplomas in teaching, performance and recital and the Elementary and Advanced Kodaly Musicianship Diplomas.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £32.00 per hour. Consultation lessons are charged at £8.00.00. A minimum charge of £5.00 is added for travel to students homes.
- Where do you teach?
I mainly teach at home in Cradley Heath West Midlands, but can, on occasion, travel up to 10 miles to teach at the home of pupils. This can include traveling to Dudley, Wolverhampton, Stourbridge and Halesowen.
- When are you available?
I normally teach during school term time, after school and on most days including week ends. Additional lessons can be bought to cover half term and any school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach any age and at any level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare my students for the ABRSM graded examinations.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I do not tutor online.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
If you want to learn about music and to play the 'cello in a relaxed environment, please get in touch.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching since 1992.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied at the Birmingham Conservatoire with Ulrich Heinen. Prior to that I studied with Christopher Bunting as well as William Conway.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians).
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I teach a range of students from children to adults, many of whom have taken graded exams with great success - often passing with distinction!
• BA (Hons)
• DipABSM (Vc), DipABSM (VcP/VcT), DipAdvKIB, DipKIB
• Enhanced DBS / CRB Registered
My sons have cello lessons with Sean. He is very friendly and inspiring teacher. Boys are motivated to practice nearly every day. I gladly recommend him.
My daughter has been having cello lessons with Sean for a few months now. We would highly recommend Sean as a tutor, he is skilled, fun, patient and inspiring.
Through Sean's enthusiastic and up-beat teaching, my son (13) has re-discovered the enjoyment in playing 'cello and is learning and improving well.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|