About the lesson
I pre-plan and tailor my lessons to each individual's needs. I start by discussing with the student topics they feel they need more support in then plan and structure a lesson accordingly, in order to maximize learning time.
Brief lesson structure overview:
1) Go through the topic thoroughly and ensure the student understands.
2) Present the student with practice questions according to their exam board and provide guidance when answering.
3) Allow the student to independently answer practice questions.
4) Provide the student with questions to take home and practice along with a mark scheme.
5) I request that the student attempts the questions at home along with the mark scheme and if unable to understand or in need of further practice we address the misunderstandings in the following session.
I have worked full time at a secondary school in London since 2012 and also a private tutor. I lead seminars and focus groups for sixth form students covering and providing extra support in biology, chemistry, physics and maths. I also offer private tuition sessions outside of school covering biology, chemistry, physics, maths and also Arabic language up to A level.
I am confident in my abilities to provide each student with personalized methods of teaching and being able to assess weaknesses in areas of a subject that need improving. I am currently advertised on FirstTutors.co.uk with impeccable references and feedback. My seminars at the school that I work in are also very popular and in demand.
I am passionate about teaching and find my job role extremely rewarding. I am here to ensure you feel confident within the subjects I teach and provide you with the skills and knowledge that you need.