I deliver electrical and electronics training to mechanical engineers in my company. My training courses have received many positive feedback.
My lecture is usually based on one or several technical topics. I always like to discuss theories with real word applications. Therefore, it is easier for students to understand.
I am currently working in an automotive company as an electronics subject matter expert. I deliver electrical and electronics courses to my colleague and have receive positive feedback.
I finished my PhD degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in University of Liverpool in 2016. I have received many awards on my Ph.D projects. I have also supervised several BEng and Msc students in their final year projects and all of them have got high scores at the end.
07/05/2018 – Now Electronics Subject Matter Expert, Jaguar Land Rover
• Conducted technical audits on a wide range of electronic modules to identify design weakness and potential risks. The audits include worst case circuit analysis (WCCA), EMC pre-compliance, Design FMEA, PCB layout, manufacturing process, environmental testing, etc.
• Wrote standards and handbooks for "Guidelines for Review And Development of Electronics".
• Delivered electrical and electronic courses to engineers and managers from different background.
01/09/2016 – 18/04/2018 Intelligent Transport Engineer, Arup Group Ltd
• Produced electrical designs for M1 Smart Motorway Project based on Highway England specifications and BS-7671.
• Provided technical support to the development of an Integrated Corridor Management System in Lower Hudson Transit Link in New York, US.
• Worked under strict deadlines to ensure project deliverables are available for client reviews.
01/10/2012 – 30/08/2016 Ph.D. Researcher & Wireless Engineer, Invisible-Systems Ltd
• Developed innovative energy harvesting systems to capture wireless energy from the air (e.g. Wi-Fi, 3G/4G signal, 50/60 Hz electromagnetic wave, GPS, etc.).
• Published 7 international journal papers, applied 2 UK patents and received 3 international awards.
• Conducted electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) pre-compliance tests for new wireless products.
• Used modelling tools (ADS, CST, Matlab) to design wireless systems and electronic circuits.
• Worked in a research group to exchange ideas, provide feedback and apply for research funding.
01/07/2013– 01/11/2014 Electronic Engineer (part-time), Vision Support Trading
• Designed a novel RFID-based indoor navigation system to guide visually impaired people to go from A to B inside a large building.
• The system has been successfully demonstrated in the Liverpool University, Victoria Gallery & Museum and Hilton Liverpool Hotel.
Education and Qualifications:
Ph.D • University of Liverpool, Electrical Engineering and Electronics, 2012-2016
• Research area: wireless energy harvesting, electromagnetism, ultra-low power circuit design, wireless power transfer, RFID, indoor navigation system and smart grid
BEng • University of Liverpool, Electrical Engineering and Electronics (Hons), 2008-2012
• First class honours; Key modules include: electronics circuit, C++/C programming, RF engineering, embedded system, digital communications, image processing, etc.
CCNA • Cisco Certified Network Associate (Routing and Switching), 2017
Awards and Honour:
12/02/2019 – 12/02/2019 Special Recognition Award, Technical Excellence Awards 2019
• For outstanding technical achievement and contribution to Jaguar Land Rover's pioneering future
01/06/2015 – 30/08/2016 Harry Currie Award, IET in Merseyside and West Cheshire Network
• An award to a young professional who makes big contributions to local engineering community
01/05/2015 – 18/09/2015 Merit Award, Singapore Challenge: The Science of Future Cites
• An international competition looking for novel projects to build future cities ($5,000)
20/02/2015 – 06/05/2015 Final winner, CWIEME Challenge 2015
• A competition to showcase the best university student projects across Europe and beyond (€2,000)
23/04/2015 – 23/04/2015 Winner, IET Present Around The World in Lancashire Network
• An opportunity for young engineers to show their presentation and communication skills
01/10/2012– 31/09/2015 Winner, Central Global Eco-innovation and Invisible-System Ltd
• A fully funded Ph.D project for outstanding students in engineering background (£22,000 per year)
17/02/2010– 20/02/2010 Honourable Mention, Mathematical Contest In Modeling
• An international contest that ask students to build a mathematical model to solve a real problem
electrical engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest electronics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, technology lessons for all!
Taking electricity lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£47||£42|
|5 hours||Not available||£225||£210|
|10 hours||Not available||£450||£420|