- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 8h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
Skateboarder From Hong Kong (13 years skating + 5 years Teaching experience) Welcome all different ages.Skateboarding is FUN
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
I want to make my lessons enjoyable and participatory. My class's goal is for participants to have fun and feel joyful when skating, as well as to increase their self-confidence.
I like to create up different skating games to show all of your skateboarding abilities! Having Fun While Staying Safe !
- All Levels
About Wandy Chan
I've been skating for 13 years and run a female skateboarding social media community called Girls Can Skate GCS to inspire others to participate in this sport.
I have 5 years of skating teaching experience and have held skateboarding competitions in Hong Kong, and I would want to exchange and explore more skateboarding culture and skills here.
Perfect! Wandy is a very patient and friendly instructor. I am over 30s and it was my first time skating. She was very supportive and encouraging the whole time, which boosted my confidence. This is very important as it washed away my fear to really enjoy the sport. I am already looking for my first board to start practising while writing this! Thank you Wandy :)
Perfect! Wandy is an excellent teacher for my 8 year old daughter. Daughter was learning from scratch, and has progressed a lot in just a few lessons, and looks forward to her lesson every week. Thanks Wandy!
- Wandy Chan's response : I'm delighted to have met Phil and his daughter. She was a gorgeous girl with excellent balance, so she picked up skateboarding basics quickly. After just 3 classes, she skated more confidently and quickly, and she was able to turn on her own. I'm excited to continue teaching her new skills. =D
Perfect! Had a great first lesson with Wandy! She's super friendly and patient, and kept the lesson fun and interesting!
- Wandy Chan's response : I was so happy to have a lesson with Jennifer.
She was a smart girl as she knows what she want and got a really good skateboard for her to practice as well.
She learns so quickly and I was so happy she can contol her skateboard at the end of the lesson. I am looking forward to give her more exercise to prarice. Looking forward she can skate on the street without fear and feel free!! PS: So glad that to have a lesson with you which can speak Cantonese... Haha
Perfect! Wandy really comes across as a professional and expert teacher. She was really patient, and had great attention to detail; helping us to identify areas to improve and become a stronger skater. She came with extra resources to help learn, and really made an effort to build rapport. A really good teacher!
Perfect! I would definitely recommend Wendy for Skate Class. My daughter enjoys her skate class and making good progress. Wandy is very good, experienced and professional skate teacher. Wandy has offered comfortable learning platform to my daughter and she got engaged into the lesson quickly. Thanks Wandy for your help!
- Wandy Chan's response : Anisha was a lovely girl, She caught up the skills so quickly, I am sure that she can get more confident to skate fast and control the board easily after a few more lessons.
Perfect! Wandy is amazing! Patient and showing me step by step. I can’t wait to see the next lesson!
- Wandy Chan's response : Virginia is a lovely lady , i was so happy that she shared her story about overcome the fear of skateboarding. i hope the lesson can help her and i am sure she can skate freely after a few lessons =D
Perfect! Wandy was brilliant with my 10 year old. Excellent communication and really passionate about what she does and got her off to a flying start. She can't wait for her next lesson!
- Wandy Chan's response : She really like to achieve the skate trick she learnt today. She tried so hard and she really enjoyed skating so much!! I believe her skills will get better after few lesson!!
Perfect! Great teacher. Nice, on time and fun
Perfect! Wandy is a superb teacher. She is very encouraging and this goes you the confidence you need to skate. She's also a lovely person and was super kind enough to come to me for lessons and worked around my schedule.
Perfect! Wandy is an amazing teacher, fun & encouraging! I will definitely continue learning with her.
Perfect! As a beginner skateboarder, I was able to learn a lot from just our first lesson. Wandy is great and understanding and helps push me to challenge myself while skateboarding
- Wandy Chan's response : Parker is a quick learner. He took all the advices during the lesson. His balance is good, I am sure he does more practice he can control the board better and better and next time we can skate on the street, Yeah!!
Perfect! Wandy is an amazing teacher, very patient, and attentive. She was always holding me when I didn't feel safe, but eventually I could skate on my own. Unfortunately I could only take 3 lessons from her, but was a lot of fun! Thank you! ️
- Wandy Chan's response : i am so glad to meet Eleonora, she is a lovely girl and i like to talk with her.
As she learnt skateboarding before, her skating basic skills are not bad, she just needs to take time to practice more, i am looking forward to see a picture that include her own new skateboard and little Kangaroo ...haha !! Hope my lesson can help her to achieve her goal in the future =]
Perfect! Wandy is an amazing teacher! She is a lovely person and loads of fun to be around and somehow she manages to run a lesson for three people with varying strengths?!! We've only had a few lessons, but all of us have learnt so much already and can't imagine our lives without a skateboard!
- Wandy Chan's response : I just only can say, this is an amazing girl Skate team! Aneesa ,Deevarna and Sam all are lovely girls.
Aneesa and Deevarna have a good balance and they haven't given up anytime although they were stuck they tried and tried until success !
Sam is an impressive girl, i am so proud of her to overcome every difficulties during the lesson. i can see she paid a lot of afford of it!
this girl skate team also show the love and friendship , to be honest i learnt from them as well , they show me how to love each other and be brave to overcome the difficulties although i haven't tried before.
Thanks Aneesa ,Deevarna and Sam
Perfect! Highly recommend Wandy (for either kids or in my case grown ups too!) - she is very kind, interesting to talk to, fun to be taught by and I definitely improve each lesson and remember her tips. I'm glad I found her via this site.
- Wandy Chan's response : Harry is a funny guy! He improves a lots of the skate skills after 3 lesson. I am so proud of him as he overcame every skate challenges and he learnt so quick and I am so happy now he can crusies long distance and crusies around the park by himself
Perfect! My 12 year old son Otto was really keen to have some one to one lessons to teach him the basics of skateboarding. Wandy was brilliant. She is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and encouraging and has a great teaching style. Otto has made excellent progress and has really enjoyed his lessons.
Wandy is also a prompt at communicating and very reliable. I highly recommend her as a tutor.
- Wandy Chan's response : Otto is a potential boy to skate. He learnt so quickly . Actually his balance was really well and he took everything on board . I was really happy that he made a turn on the ramp for the first time and he did it . I am sure he can learn more different skate sticks , for example oillie , fakie oillie , pop shovit as well . =D
Perfect! Wandy is an awesome tutor. My son is 9years and we have had two lessons so far. She has taught him how to grasp the basics and he is thrillied. Definitely recommend.
- Wandy Chan's response : I was so happy to be Noah skateboarder tutor , as this was a skate lesson for his birthday gift . Noah's parents were so sweet and lovely .
Noah was a smart abd good behavior boy ! He learnt so quick and focused on the whole lesson .i am sure he can get more skate tricks as he like challenge and dont feel fear !! He is a awesome boy !!
Excellent! Friendly person who challenged me in my learning, I like it.
Can't wait next lesson.
- Wandy Chan's response : Caire was a really sporty girl . she liked surf and hope to learn more skate skills to help her surfing. We had a good time of the lesson and her balance was so good. We will going to try some slope or hill to improve her balance and board control skill. By the way , i was happy to meet her , she was excited funny girl
Perfect! Wandy is an amazing teacher, encouraging and attentive, for this reason, her teaching style is well suited for all ages! I definitely see myself having more lessons with her in the future!
- Wandy Chan's response : Monique learn so fast . She is a brave girl. i am sure she can make a great oillie soon !! =D
Perfect! Really clear and energetic - the boys loved her and learnt a lot.
- Wandy Chan's response : I was really happy to meet those kids , Temi and Tunde they were so lovely .
They learnt ao fast and followed the instructions how to skate in a straight and turning .
They improve a lots about the balance on the skateboard and i can see they really enjoyed the little skate game as well .
I am sure they skate better and better in the furture. =)
View more reviews
- 5h: £150
- 10h: £300
- + ££5
The charge is based on the location of South East London.(Please mention your location in the contact message, Thanks)
If the location is outside of such region, the charge will be negotiated.
Thank you for your understanding. =D