I'm comfortable with Sociology and Law material ranging from GCSE level to undergraduate. I graduated from Durham University with First Class Honours in Sociology. I completed the Graduate Diploma in Law last year, and I'm currently studying the Legal Practice course whilst waiting for my training contract to start.
Lessons are focused and productive, tailored to each individual's learning style.
Happy to help with:
- Essay planning
- Exam technique
Whilst I have never formally tutored I have always assisted my peers with their work and would like to put these skills into practice. I understand how to get the top grades - I achieved A*AA at A level and an 82 in my undergraduate dissertation. My goal is to help enhance an understanding of what is required for a specific task; if you understand WHY you need to take a certain approach, the rest will follow. To achieve this, I work with mark schemes and model answers.
My skill set includes:
- Breaking down daunting and complex subject matter to establish what is relevant and useful to the task at hand
- Analysis and evaluation
- Proof reading and restructuring essays
- Improving exam technique
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2015-Present: BPP University, Graduate Diploma in Law.
2012-2015: Durham University (Josephine Butler College), BA Sociology, First Class Honours.
2010-2012: Godalming College, Surrey
• A levels: Sociology (A*), History (A), English Language (A)
2007-2010: Alton Convent School, Hampshire
• GCSEs: 10 A*-B grades including Maths and English
services, asking for me personally upon their return to the store.
LEGAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Meadows Ryan LLP: 07/07/2014 to 11/07/2014
• I produced reports for partners.
• I became familiar with both online legal resources and a traditional legal library, negotiating with a vast amount of material to procure the relevant information.
• I gained an understanding of the administrative responsibilities that are fundamental for efficiency and organisation within a firm; I executed files and quantified cases to produce data that I could compile into official company databases.
Lyons & Company: 17/09/2013 to 19/09/2013
• I proof read leases and contracts, learning the value of attention to detail.
• I helped a property buyer negotiate an agreed price with a seller during a drop-in advice session.
• I carried out general administrative procedures, including filing, letter opening and answering phone calls.
Simmons & Simmons LLP: 10/09/2013 to 12/09/2013
• I successfully juggled my time to meet strict deadlines.
• I conducted extensive legal research.
• I helped create the Twitter accounts for Simmons & Simmons Litigation.
Withers LLP, Easter Vacation Scheme 2015:
• I improved my advocacy skills during a mock mediation.
• I worked on a number of on-going projects simultaneously, learning the value of using concise, accurate written communication with both clients and colleagues.
Francesca and I studied together for our law conversions. I was always very impressed with the degree of her preparations for each tutorial, as well as her clear and well reasoned contributions in class.
I have also had a number of interesting discussions with Francesca about her Sociology degree, something which she was was clearly incredibly passionate about and continues to retain an interest in, particularly in relation to the topic of her dissertation.
Both with Law and Sociology, Francesca's ability to convey complex information succinctly and effectively will certainly stand her in good stead as a teacher and will be of great benefit for her students.
Francesca is very organised and I have no doubt that she will be able to manage the demands on her time of teaching. Her obvious enthusiasm will help bring any subject she teaches to life, which will be of great benefit to her students.
sociology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£28||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£135||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£270||Not available|