I like to make my classes interactive, and give the student the opportunity to speak more. Depending on the student level and confidence we could only talk in Spanish, I can help with grammar and vocabulary questions, etc.
Some of the group activities I've been using include themed questions and grammar examples on news or songs.
On my first class I like to play some ice-breaking games, which also gives me a feel on how to approach each student.
I am a Physics with Astrophysics graduate from the University of Leeds, originally from the south of Spain.
During university I volunteered to teach and help practice their Spanish to a group of 10 people, from a wide range of ages. Now, I have been tutoring Spanish online for a year, with a variety of students happy with their classes, either helping with school material or practicing for their future travels.
Most recently I've been successfully helping university students with their language exams.
Different rate for groups
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
BSc Physics with Astrophysics, University of Leeds (2018 – 2021)
• Gained hands-on experience in problem-solving along with a predicted 1st Class degree.
• Obtained and expanded data collection and analysis abilities as well as writing skills: Multivariable Calculus (83%); Computing (90 %); Physics Laboratory (80%).
Science Baccalaureate, IES Padre Luis Coloma, Spain ( 2016 - 2018)
• Average grade: 9.86 out of 10. Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), English (A*).
• Distinction Certificate for academic excellence.
• Two times Class Representative for my outgoing personality and ability to engage with others.
Host, El Gato Negro Tapas, Leeds (February 2020 - April 2021)
• Developed great adaptation and communication skills as I dealt with booking schedules, greeting customers and directing them to their tables.
• Strengthened my ability to work under pressure at busy times and to respond to changing priorities.
GCSE level English Tutor, Spain (2017-2018)
• Able to understand and empathise with different personalities as I assessed and adapted to the needs of students.
• Thanks to my innovative approach to organising activities, students discovered new ways of studying and enjoyed the lessons.
Jiu Jitsu Treasurer, Leeds University Union (April 2020 – April 2021)
• Keeping track of the club’s money, approving any payments or reimbursements and making sure to get financial support from the Leeds University Union.
• Expanding my decision-making aptitudes as well as my leadership skills as part of the committee.
Language Group Leader, University of Leeds (November 2019 – March 2020)
• Responsible for delivering upper-intermediate level Spanish lessons once a week, greatly improving my verbal communication and analysis skills.
• Organising interactive and effective activities, successfully engaging with a wide range of students.
• Consolidated the ability to work independently and use organisational skills to plan my own work.
Institute of Physics Representative, Otley Science Festival (November 2019)
• Addressing clear and creative explanations for different physics experiments.
• Collaborating with course mates and professors to captivate the public, enriching my team working competences at different levels.
• Built original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions for the layout of the experiments.
Work Away Volunteer, Fraize, France (August 2019)
• Joined a local eco-project, helping proactively and persistently on daily activities.
• Further developed my time-management skills, allotting volunteers’ working hours.
• Gained different insights into activism.
Languages: Native Spanish, Advanced English and Conversational French. - I am continuously developing my communication skills and learning languages, which helps me progress with my attention to detail and creativity.
Music and art: Took piano lessons for three years and enjoy drawing and uploading the process to social media, boosting my expressiveness and cognitive skills.
Sports: Concerned about the importance of fitness and its positive impact on daily life, I have always enjoyed playing different sports : Jiu Jitsu society at university and Basketball team player at High School.
Independent Age supporter: Monthly supporting a UK national charity for the care of elder people in unfair conditions.
Perfect! Clara is a good listener able to add to my Spanish skills
Perfect! i enjoy taking lessons with clara. she lets you be yourself and she's very nice. she's a excellent teacher, you learn spanish and time flies by. two thumbs up :)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£14|