My teaching method will involve using examples in daily life to help students grasp the concepts thoroughly, before helping them through attempting past paper questions and improving their exam technique. I will give lessons to anyone up to A Level standard.
I am a student at UCL, who loves solving problems through maths, but also enjoy helping others around me, so this is the perfect middle ground between the two. I received A*s in both Maths and Further Maths at A Level, and achieved the maximum grade in Additional Maths at GCSE.
• Business and financial skills: Honed skills to lead and motivate a team as part of the Young Enterprise scheme (as finance head) and in NCS (as Business Leader). Up to date with the stock market news and a huge thirst to further knowledge of trading and investing.
• Computing: Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, which will enhance both analysis and presentation of work. Currently learning Python and R. In a world of rapid technological progress, these skills aid adaptability to changes in the banking industry.
• Mathematical skills: A* in A Level Maths and Further Maths. Eagerness to enter the world of banking, as
mathematical skills and passion for business can be brought together in this sector.
• Personality: Disciplined work ethic and a welcoming demeanour, and ability to keep up work to an excellent standard. Kept in touch with professionals, who have inspired a hunger to pursue investment banking, through LinkedIn and by attending several banks’ networking events.
UCL (2018-2021) – Current
• BSc Statistics, Economics and Finance
Royal Latin School (2011-2018)
• 4 A Levels, grade A*-C [A* in Maths, Further Maths and Economics]
• 11 GCSEs, grade A*-C [8 A*s and 3 As], including Maths (A*) and Additional Maths (A)
Paid Internship, Alexander Rosse Limited, Milton Keynes, August 2016 and August 2018
• Designed a tool using Excel; to calculate quotation fees for clients; currently being used by the firm. Valuable experience in using Xero accounting software for bookkeeping.
• Gained a broader view of the scope of accounting in the corporate sector, as a result of working at AR.
Developed a deeper understanding of the Company taxation policy in the UK. Learnt a great deal about
expectations from an accounting firm, through client interaction.
Research Project, Unilever London, August 2017
• Worked on a research project aimed at identifying potential targets for take over in the nutrition market
• Was an opportunity to hone both logical and lateral thinking skills, culminating in the presentation, which won
the appreciation from a panel of experts. This positive experience reaffirmed self-confidence in the corporate
environment, and demonstrated research skills, which is helpful in banking.
Shadowing Opportunity, Santander London, October 2015
• Gained valuable insight into the back office processes and the rapidly evolving role of technology in banking.Through employee interaction, gleaned information about the diverse professional opportunities in this sector. This experience stimulated an initial interest in this fascinating industry.
UCL Business Games:
• Designed and presented pitches to a panel of judges from prestigious institutions such as Barclays and JP Morgan,as part of challenges about M&A, Finance and Entrepreneurship, finishing in the top 3 out of 25 groups InvestIN Young Investment Banker Programme:
• Completed activities and challenges centred on the functions of an investment bank, using this as an opportunity to build on my avid interest in trading and stocks
Young Enterprise Programme 2016:
• Assumed role of Finance Director of our company: ‘The Cookie Doe Co’ and learnt the basics of financial business planning from market research through to marketing and sales
• Strong people skills, reaffirmed by achieving 30 % of the total company sales during Young Enterprise in 2016
Duke of Edinburgh:
• Gained a rounded personality, from completing the varying facets of the award (volunteering, skills, physical)
• Expedition showed the importance of resilience and gave a chance to lead and motivate others
National Citizens Service:
• Led a 14-member team, which raised over £600 for The Henry Allen Trust
• Gained insight into assessment of individual skills and delegation to achieve the best possible outcomes
Music and Public Speaking :
• Thrive as a speaker (LAMDA – gold medal) and a performer on the violin and piano (Grade 8 )
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|